Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 352 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 366 reviews
on November 7, 2015
I love Cambridge. I've been using their products for years now. They always produce high quality products at decent prices. That's why I am so disappointed in this product.

The first thing I noticed upon opening was all of the fraying on the front cover (picture provided). There are frays on the back cover as well.

The next thing I noticed was that the inner zipper is glued on crooked (picture provided).

As I was looking at the small legal pad I realized that the strap used to keep it from flying around when you open and close it is not the proper length so if I use it, it will wrinkle my papers (picture provided).

The same strap is also poorly made. It is already tearing apart (picture provided).

The last issue I have with this is that the inner folder seems to be coming apart as well. The glue holding it together is already coming off and the seams aren't sturdy enough to hold it together long.

Unfortunately, I need this portfolio for work and won't have time to send it back for an exchange. I have used a smaller Cambridge Limited portfolio before and it was perfect, not sure what went wrong with this one.
review image review image review image review image review image
on January 28, 2013
I wanted something professional for work, and originally had a folio style notebook. I liked the cover, but I hated the notepad and how when I flipped the page, I had to tear it off or have it flapping over the back. My co-worker just used a notebook for all of her meetings / to dos, and I liked how she could take notes on both sides of the page and never have to rip off any pages or have them in the way. I went on the hunt for a nice leather looking notebook case with a real notebook inside (and with some sort of organizational compartments as well). This was pretty much the only one I could find that I kind of liked, but I wasn't sure about having the little notepad. I was surprised there are so few nice notebook holders out there - surely more professionals want to use a notebook and not a notepad?

Once I got it - I fell in love. The notebook itself has very high quality sheets (honestly, until I got this, I didn't even care about quality sheets, but it makes a big difference). I also found that I like the little notepad - I use it for my to do list and notes. I put a paperclip on the front of the notebook and put my calendar there each day too, so I know where I'm supposed to be. I also enjoy the post it pop-ups - very handy.

My only complaint is that they don't sell the exact notebook as a refill. It took me awhile to find a similar refill (at first, I mistakenly bought one that was a "hardcover", which looked the same in the picture, but was truly a hardcover type cover). Then I figured out which notebook is pretty much the same, but it has 80 pages (item# 06062 if you're trying to find it), not 50 like the one that comes with this set, so the new notebook will be almost 40% thicker than the old one. I haven't switched to it quite yet, but I was unhappy that I couldn't find an exact replacement - would rather not make it thicker.

That's not a deal breaker though - still happily using this notebook daily at work, and it's held up great! Buy it!!
on November 6, 2015
I always loved Cambridge and looked to them for quality products. I am a bit disappointed in the quality of this Notebook/Folio. Items I purchased in the past were of much higher quality.

Plus this was damaged in shippment. The damage occured during shipment and wasn't Cambridge's fault but rather poor packing of another item with this rolling around in the box.The notebook had no protection or outer packaging to protect it either.

With that said this is functional for my intended purpose but looks and feels cheap. I'll be on the lookout for another of better quality.
review image review image
on December 2, 2013
I love my new padfolio with the little notebook as well as the regular large-size notebook, and the little postit note section. AND the little zippered pocket where I can keep my phone. This is the best padfolio I have ever seen.

I lost my old favorite and had been willing to spend a lot of money to replace it with a British tan in color good quality leather padfolio. I was entranced with all the stuff included in this one and bought it even though it was black and not the great quality leather I was looking for. It looks like real leather and looks like better quality than the genuine leather one that I returned as it looked cheap.

Though I would prefer a different color, I couldn't be happier.

This is an addendum after using this for a few weeks: I downgraded from 5 stars to 4 stars and added the durability issue to the title because the plastic between the small notebook and the credit card slots ripped, even though I have never used the credit card slots.

It is still quite usable and I don't want to send it back because I like it so much, but it is an issue. I would rather have paid more for one that is genuine leather and more durable.
on May 31, 2016
I took out the notebook that comes with the black cover and stuck in my planner. I've used it extensively since last september and it still looks beautiful. Love love love this. The only issue is that sometimes my notepads (i use the same kind that came with the notebook) like to fall out. I don't like the use the built in rubber band to hold the notebook down because it really doesn't stay and I'm always flipping back and forth anyway. This is a place where Cambridge could improve the notebook. Also great would be making the flap pocket on the left (the one behind all the little things) more useful, or implementing ipad storage or some sort (maybe turn the flap pocket into tablet storage). It would also be nice to have a place to put my phone. I have a 6+ and it doesn't fit in the zipper pocket.
If there is a smaller version of this with a zipper, I might buy that too... Would be nice to stick in my bag.
on July 3, 2012
I ordered this based upon another reviewer comments for using this with a Livescribe notebook. That's exactly what I was looking for... an alternative to the cheap portfolio Livescribe sells. Of course it had to have the vertical slot necessary to receive a spiral notebook and not all portfolio notebooks do.

I took the spiral notebook that came with the portfolio notebook out & put in one of my Livescribe Single Subject Spiral Notebook ANA-00017, 4-Pack, Nos. 1-4. My Livescribe pen fits quite snugly in the elastic loop (but I'm hestitant letting it 'hang on the edge' without the protective case that it came in); so I put it back in the leather case and cliped it horizontally above my notebook. I put my ink refill's in the zippered pouch along with the headphones.

Everything closes just fine. I did wonder how bulky it would be, but even with the Cambridge smaller notepad in place it's not bad - not perfect, but not bad. I just didn't want to keep getting a larger & larger (thicker & thicker) size portfolio notebook. It defeats my purposes.

The sticky notes will have to wait for now, at least until I put 'em to use. I can see where they might come in handy though. The business card slots: Take 'em or leave 'em. Someone gave me a typical business card last week, but I actually had to trim part of the card to get it to fit. Go figure? I'm not the kind to hang on to business cards though, so as soon as I put the information from the business card where I want it, the card goes in the trash. And yes, you can fit a few sheets of loose paper in the flap behind all the front facing stuff on the inside left, but you're not gonna store a lot of paper back there. I'd say not more than 20 sheets.

I gave four stars based upon my initial impressions. If this thing proves its worth, I'll come back & give it 5 stars.
Hope this helps you.

Update: I've used this for nearly 8 months now and am glad I purchased it. It has worked out for what I intended it for.

Thoughts... the business card slot is useless, except for carrying the card long enough to enter the info off it. It's just not wide enough.
The post-it note part is fine. It's good for jotting something down and either giving it to someone else or leaving it for me to see later.
The smaller note pad is ok, but I find myself using it less and less. I'd consider it interchangeable with the post-it notes. I don't really need both so I tend to use the post-it notes and go on with everything else.
I still keep my pen in it's case at the top of my notebook and am happier with that, than letting it hang out there on the edge.

I'd give this 5 stars now, with the caveat that you might also expect to use one or the other of the smaller note pad/post-it notes and eventually ditch the one you find yourself using less.
It has worked great for my purposes.

Hope this info helps you.
on June 2, 2014
I purchased this for a trip to a national career conference (NSHMBA) because I wanted to have something that could carry my resumes without looking cheap (think manilla folder). This fit the bill, and as an added bonus has plenty of space for business cards, and three different options for taking notes! That's right, three! You can use the letter sized notepad it comes with (spiral bound) or you can use the smaller legal pad, OR, best of all, you can use the Post-It notes! That's right, this bad boy even has a holder for Post-It's! One final thing to note... if you prefer the full-size legal pad (letter size) this will accommodate that as well.

If you are starting a career and are looking for a functional, stylish way to transport your resume, business cards, and note pad, look no further... you need this!
on May 29, 2012
I had been looking for a decent padfolio for some time and this exceeded what I hoped to get. The quality on this is very nice. Only way you will get nicer is to go to real leather, which of course will cost a bit more.

It does come as shown in the picture with a spiral bound notebook on the right and a small legal pad, and sticky notes on the left. Both notebooks are good notebooks with heavier weight paper.

The folio on the right has a pen loop, the pocket that the back of the notebook goes into, as well as a pocket that could hold a legal pad instead. I suppose whichever pocket is not in use for holding a pad, could be used to hold a small amount of loose papers. The side pocket while using a legal pad would accommodate this much more easily, as the "legal pad" pocket ends up being inside the back of the notebook

The left side has the lower zippered mesh pocket to hold a couple small items, the small legal pad, with an elastic strap to keep it from flopping when opening and closing the folio(nice), and the small panel which holds the sticky notes and contains some card slots for business cards or such. This small panel is the one thing that seems slightly cheaply done, however it looks okay, and is adequate. It may be intentionally done the way it is, to be less bulky. All the slots for the cards and for the sticky notes are die punched slits in the vinyl. All the card slots are backed individually so they have their own pocket. To replace sticky notes it will take the "pop up" alternating type sticky notes. It only takes a small pad, so will have to put a partial pad in at a time (maybe put paper on the last sticky note's sticky). The notes are slid in on the side of the panal next to the small legal pad.

Also, all of the features on the left side are on top of a pocket to hold loose paper, It is a pocket open on 2 sides, along the top, and the inside side

I do have to say the jr legal pad is what sold me on this one, and I have proved to love it due to having that there. I love jr legal pads for making to do lists, and quick short notes to put elsewhere later.
on February 14, 2016
I'll post a more thorough review after more extended use, but my initial thoughts are very positive. I spent a lot of time searching for a nice pad-folio that I could use for school, during my internship, and for interviews. A lot of pad-folios out there are too fancy, or include a lot of things I don't need, like a calculator. I just wanted something simple, useful and elegant.

I LOVE the fact that you can switch this out between a spiral notebook and a flip notepad. I use the spiral notebook (included) for school, and use a flip notepad (not included, but pictured) for interviews or meetings.

I think I'd prefer the pen holder to be in the center, rather than on the outside edge, but that's a minor thing. I will say it's tough to get a pen or pencil in with any sort of textured finger cushion on it. It winds up sticking to the elastic holder and stretches it, rather than sliding in. I don't think it's a fault with the pad-folio itself though.

I like the sticky note holder (which includes sticky notes) and the extra smaller flip notepad. I haven't used it yet, but I did play with the strap that holds it down since someone posted a negative review about it. Mine seems to fit fine. It did bulge the pad a bit after fitting it back on, but pushing the pad down fixed the strap and it was fine.

I didn't think I'd make much use out of the business card holders, but last week during a meeting I was actually given a couple, so it was perfect. Someone posted a review stating that their business cards didn't fit without cutting them, but I've found if you wiggle them a bit, they fit just fine. They are pretty deep though (as you can see in the pictures), and I haven't tried to take the cards out yet, so I'm not sure how easy or hard it will be.

I was surprised to find a slot to hold loose paper. It's behind the business card portion. When pushing papers in, it's a bit of a tight fit as you get into the lower corner, but if you're careful it's perfect for holding resumes. I don't think you'd be able to hold more than 5-8 pages though. Maybe if you flex the material it'll stretch a bit.

Someone posted a review stating they colored the thread black. I debated doing that myself as the white does stand out a bit, but I think I like it the way it is.

It folds back nicely and lays pretty flat (depending on what you have in the zipper portion). It'll take a bit of 'training' for the spine to flex perfectly, but it's acceptable and will work for what you need.

It may not be leather, but it looks like it is. Very professional. All-in-all, this is a great pad-folio.
review image review image review image review image review image
on March 10, 2014
As an engineer, I'm always toting around my lab notebook and a pen. But I wanted something a bit more professional for customer meetings. This fit the bill perfectly. I've had the folio for over a year now and it still looks and works great. The notebook flap allows for notebooks of any orientation and securely holds them. I don't need to remove the notebook to take notes. The pen holder seems to be good quality and fits many sized pens. The addition of the notepad and post-its is great for jotting down phone numbers or anything other tidbits that can be passed to someone without ripping a page out of my big notebook. The zippered pocket is great for stashing some tissues or a flash drive. The only gripe I have is that it would have been nice to have a closure of some type, but its never been an issue since everything is so securely held.

I've received several compliments on this folio at work. People think it costs much more than it actually did. I almost want to buy another for when this one starts looking beat up, but since its holding up so well, there's no need yet!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.