Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ZOTAC ZBOX Mini PC with Intel Core i7-4770T Processor, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Dual GLAN, No Hard Drive, No Memory, No OS Barebones System ( ZBOX-IQ01-U)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on February 8, 2016
February, 8, 2016
Note: This is a review in progress.
- - - - - -
- - - - - -
Preface: Check Zotac's website for the correct specs. see [...]1

Overview: This is a highly engineered and well thought out bare bones kit. Save money and purchase the bare-bones over the PLUS models as you'll be able to customize the machine to your liking and save money in the long run.

Applications: Daily use email, web surfing, document creation, media handling. Prosumer Video and photo editing Media & file server. Home Entertainment system (many options). Gaming.

Pros: Price, Size CPU, Ports, internal and external I/O. Ease of installation and set up (RAM and HDD's are all you need to add. Extremely Quite, Elegant and tiny foot print Portability !.Nice Packaging and supplied extras and hardware.Flexible bios, but tricky at times. Multiple OS capable !!!, Win 8 is supported but I can confirm Windows 10, Linux 12,04 LTS and 14.04 LTS (32 and 64-bit). Mac OSX 10.10 + (kext files need updating for Wifi and additional hardware). mSATA !!! - unreal boot times @ 2-5 seconds for Windows & Linux and 10-5 for OSX with a proper SSD.

Cons: Very hard to fault if you know what you are getting in to, it has limited expandability in the long run, but that is certainly not a deal breaker. Intel HD 6400 embedded GPU that limited in high-end applications but certainly not a hindrance.
Configuration
16 GB RAM - 2x8 GBCrucial SO-DIMM KIT
250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD -boot drive (EFI FAT16/NTFS/HFS+ partitions).
1TB SATA3 Segate SSDH (hybrid) storage drive (NTFS).
- - - - - - -
I'm a veteran IT professional with 20 years experience working as both a server and desktop administrator (WIN/LINUX/OSX), software and web development, TV broadcast engineer, video and motions graphics editor, and well as interactive and robotic applications and art.

When it came time to do a technology refresh this year (2016) for my home and personal use I chose a Zotax box because of the off-the shelf capability and ease of use. I've become accustom to Mac Book pro's for both personal and professional use and the Zotac line of bare bones presented an excellent option to build a triple boot machine capable of running robust home productivity and entertainment options. I chose the 1Q01 until because of the Intel i7 4770 processor and the combo of ports and I/O. Although he processor is aging (early 2013) its no slouch at the price point drop for 2016.

Currently I'm configuring this unit to triple boot off of a Samsung EVO 850 250GB mSATA drive/cars. Thus far I'm seeing boot times a fast as 2 seconds for windows and linux and 10 seconds for OSX. At the moment I've untangling the daunting task of setting up the perfect uEFI boot loader and perfect partition map.

TO BE CONTINUED.... (with links, pictures and video)

see my triple boot Hackintosh in action !
[...]
review image
on January 27, 2015
This is what all PC's should be. Zotac's attention to detail is impressive. DigitalPort adapters, VESA and stand adapters, and even drivers on a small read only USB stick as well as a DVD disk, to make it easy to install the drivers since there is no DVD drive. Build quality is great. I added a Samsung Pro EVO 256k SSD and a Samsung mSata 256k SSD, and two 8 gig sticks of Kingston memory. It does all my desktop can do and is just as fast, but in a much smaller package. I don't use it for games, but the limitation is Intel's HD4600 built in graphics if that's important to you.
on December 4, 2015
First one of these I've set up, and so far, I'm very happy. It's very fast with a Samsung 850EVO 250GB SSD and Crucial 16GB RAM. We set this up with dual displays for an accounting manager to use for large spreadsheets, accounting software and POS back-end systems, and it's working well for that. We're likely to use more in the future.
on January 10, 2016
Easy to use. I transferred a Windows XP system which is technically not supported on this device and after I located the right LAN drivers it came up. I'm currently using it with WinXP 32bit to support Blue Iris video software but I'm planning to install Windows 10 64bit next week. I have several ZBoxs running for various functions in the house and they are very reliable and easy to set up
on February 11, 2014
It is exactly what it says. A rather fast small computer. Comes with a read only thumb drive with all drivers for windows 7 and 8, so instalation is a breeze. Quiet enough to use as an HTPC, 3D blu-ray RIP over ethernet and even wifi worked flawlessly.
on June 12, 2014
I love this device due following:
- multiple display converter which have 2 (to HDMI/VGA) and 2 dp
- This is quite machine for few apps running on it. The fan start to have mist noise when I run multiple VM machine on it.
Even my old laptop core2 duo more much louder noise and hotter.
- the max heat I could reach on this device until 74c degree which is good for Asia climate
- When I combine it with SSD, 8GB RAM and Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop this machine is a bomb!!
The boot time until logged on screen is about 5-6 sec and responsive. Same speed when shut it down.
- Ubuntu 14.04 able to detect all the device drivers, the original CD driver and thumb drive is untouched.
on August 9, 2016
Great appliance. Works great..a real workhorse. Using it as a build-server (Jenkins/Docker; running under Fedora-23 Linux Server++). Very quiet, unobtrusive. Nice price point.
on July 4, 2015