Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 16 reviews(5 star, Verified Purchases). See all 29 reviews
on November 25, 2015
Valve works well. I have three water sensors to trip it, washer, under kitchen sink and in bathroom.
I would suggest installation as shown in the picture, bypass valve and isolation valves with removable fittings in case the valve needs to be replaced, you don't have to hire a plumber again to remove it. Was a little struggle to get it all set up properly but following the manual I was able to do it.
review image
on March 30, 2013
I installed the valve on the water main to the house and connected it to my micasaverde Vera Lite a couple of months ago.
After some help from micasaverde and Fortrezz support, I was able to use all the functionality of the valve over my network.
I am able to open it or close thru my computer or iphone. I even added a couple of Fortrezz water/temp sensors and these would close the valve if they detect water! these work great too.

After the major water damage we had to our 2 story house in 2009, investing a little was all worth it since now I can close the water when we leave the house and monitor where ever we are on the planet thru the iphone app or any computer connected to the internet. I wish I knew about this valve and z-wave earlier in time, but I believe z-wave technology is just a couple of years old.

I loved the z-wave potential so I added z-wave switches, dimmers, receptacles, door sensors and even replaced my AC thermostat to z-wave ones... all worked great and they have an excellent range even though far away from the Vera lite. It is because each z-wave enable switch or other device acts as a signal repeater to my understanding.

I also setup txt alerts so I get alerted when the home temp goes above or below a set temp and if my front door or garage door is opened i get alerted too wherever I am.
I was able to also set some automation for certain lights connected to a z-wave switch to turn on and off at a certain time at night to deter any break ins to the house while we are out or on vacation.

I would recommend this valve to anyone who want peace of mind and not suffer water damage that kept us for 4 months in cramped hotel rooms until our house was all repaired.
Schlage RS100HC V N N SL Home Door and Window Sensor with Nexia Home Intelligence (Z-Wave)Everspring Z-Wave Door/Window SensorIntermatic HA01C Home Settings Wireless Wall ReceptacleWater and Temperature Sensor, Wireless, Z-WaveMi Casa Verde VeraLite Home Controller, White and Green
on January 2, 2017
This valve saved my ware house the first 6 months it was in. I have it hooked to my smart house and when the water line broke it turned off the water like nothing in a matter of seconds. Best device ever!
on April 18, 2016
This is a high quality product. Very heavy duty. Easy linkup with SmartThings hub (recommend doing so near the hub and before installation). Plumber easily installed the device. Have an outlet nearby to plug in the unit (although it certainly has a very long cord). The moisture detector attached is useful but note that it is "hardwired" and does not communicate with SmartThings. But you will get a notice on your phone that the valve was closed. I have tried Fibaro and SmartThings water sensors and they both work beautifully.
on June 28, 2017
Had a plumber install it. It was easy to enroll with my Nexia service. Works well. I also purchased some Z-wave water sensors that will send a message via Z-wave to the bridge and I added an automation to turn off the water supply when the sensor detects water. Gives great peace of mind.
on March 3, 2013
The valve is well constructed of brass with a stainless ball valve. It also has manual operation, so even if there is a loss of power you can turn it on or off.

It does come with a California Prop. 65 warning, but after calling the factory I believe this is because there is the possibility of lead being in the electronics. I did have to wait for a call-back response but it was within a day and helpful.

I had a broken water valve in a second home; luckily there wasn't any damage. However, I know at least three friends that have had water damage and these were in occupied homes! I discovered that the home didn't have a shut-off valve at the house, the nearest was at the street, in an area that receives a great deal of snow. So, I had to get the water company to come find the valve and shut it off.

I've installed this valve in the main as it enters the house and shut it off when we are not at the home.

A Vera Z-wave controller is used to control the valve. You can pair the valve prior to installation which makes it easier than many other Z-wave components that need the controller moved to pair. Pairing was similar to other products. Which means it may take more than one try.

The valve does not show up on the Vera iPhone app, but can be accessed from the control panel on the web.
on December 3, 2015
Soldered this onto my copper pipes and it works great, it detaches from the actual valve for any servicing which is nice.
Paired up with Z-wave without any issues and now I can link them up with my other water sensors in the house.
It does come with it's own directly connected water sensor if you ever need it which is nice as well.
on January 24, 2017
I have a short term rental and have a few items automated. I have been using it for a few years now and have not experienced and issues. I do however open and close this item so that it does not get any calcium build up.Two years later and this water valve has worked flawlessly.
on January 20, 2016
If this triggers just once, it'll have paid for itself in spades. So far it seems both well built and reliable.

I have it linked with my SmartThings hub and a number of water sensors around the house. So far it's passed every test.
on March 17, 2015
Great valve for remote operation like our vacation home and our full time home as well