Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Style Name: Frustration Free Packaging|Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 119 reviews(2 star, Verified Purchases). See all 2,662 reviews
on August 21, 2013
I've had this electric razor for nearly a month now.
It replaced a Norelco Spectra 8894 XL I've had for like 10 years. I can't remember if I replaced blades 5 years ago or not, don't remember.
Blades on my 8894 XL are 8 Series and look exactly like blades on AT810 and like I said I may or may not have ever replaced blades on 8894 XL.
Yesterday after nearly 30 days while shaving AT810 stopped and had to be recharged. No warning like with 8894 XL it just stopped. I used 8894 sitting for a month, still with charge I left it with to finish shaving.
I liked warning noise on 8894 XL and I miss not having a screen to check time remaining.
As for AT810 being Aquatec well I like to get my shaving done as fast as possible so wasting time while watching my hot water go down a drain while shaving is not good.
Save your money if you have an older model buy replacement blades or spend more money and buy one with more features.
on October 31, 2015
I'm not sure what changed. I had another Norelco electric shaver for years. I finally decided to replace it with this to upgrade the battery and such.
But the beard trimmer got screwed up fast. It pulls the skin more than it should and I barely have used it. My old trimmer worked fine for over a decade.
on June 10, 2013
This is my fourth Norelco razor and unfortunately it will be my last.
My last two were "Coolskin" models but the current design of that model did not have the ability to catch whiskers that were shaven which I feel is a design flaw. In addition, they went to a bulk packaging of the Nivea Lotion which in my opinion was too expensive for the benefits that I received from it. After much searching I opted for this model which unfortunately is lightweight and cheaply made. The reason it took me so long to post this review is I was nursing my old razor to the point where it simply gave out. I do not have a heavy beard and I used it this A.M. and already 4 hours later I have a stubble forming on my face.
My advice is to look at other manufacturers for a razor that has "excellent" reviews and perhaps you might score with a quality product.
on February 3, 2014
I ordered this razor primarily to use in the shower to shave my legs and underarms. If you are a woman, you will want to consider that this razor burns sensitive skin. I have tried to use this under my arms twice, but I ended up with red razor burns that ran along the edge of the razor's path.

In talking to customer service, I was told that this razor is designed for the face only, and they had no advice about how to use it under the arms. For use on legs, the razor is fine. But bear in mind that if you have soft skin, even with the use of a lubricating shave cream, this will likely burn the skin.
on July 12, 2017
What is the warranty on this... Bought March 2017 dead July 2017
on April 24, 2017
I first purchased this shaver (AT 810/41) back in 2015. It worked well until January of this year when I started having problems. One morning it just wouldn't start at all. I figured it may need recharging, so I plugged it into the wall for a charge. After a full charge, it still wouldn't start. A few moments later it just started on it's own and then stopped. It was like something out of a horror movie. I figured that maybe it was time for a new one even though it had been only a year and a half. I contacted Norelco customer service. The folks were very nice and professional. I explained the problem I was having and they instructed me to send the shaver back to them. They upgraded me to the AT 830/46 free of charge. I suppose this model is better, but here in April 2017 after just 3 months, I'm again having the same problems with this model as the last. Because it's a shaver that you can use in or out of the shower, there may be a problem with water somehow getting inside affecting it. I'm going through the same process again and they're sending me yet another one. A funny thing happened after I boxed the shaver up to send back to them. I heard this peculiar sound in my house and I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. I looked everywhere with no luck. Come to find out, the sound I was hearing was coming from the shaver which was in the box and sealed already to be shipped. It started up on it's own inside the box. I had to wait awhile before it finally stopped. Well, at least the lithium batteries they put in these shavers last. C'mon Norelco get it together!!! Sending and re-sending these shavers back is getting old pretty quick.
on April 6, 2013
If you shave totally "by eye" and never touch your face to see if you missed any whiskers, this shaver would be wonderful. My first impression was how very quietly it runs, which I do like very much.

I started using electric shavers 40 years ago, and have not used a blade since. In fact my first shaver was a Norelco Triple Header very much like this one, albeit a lot heavier and with a cord. Since then I switched to Braun cordless which I used a long time, as I liked its self cleaning feature. From there I went to the Panasonic ES 8249 which I used right up to purchasing this Norelco (and still use, unfortunately). It seems I have a very ornery set of whiskers, that would appear to run and hide as the shaver approaches, then jump back out and laugh after it passes by. I bought this Norelco to see if I could improve upon the frustrating process of shaving this ornery beard, perhaps better than the Panasonic. No way.

I shave each and every morning. After spending a nice quiet 10 minutes of going over and over and over my face with this Norelco, I have to pull out my noisy Panasonic and "actually shave". I really wanted to like this Norelco. But between its serious lack of getting anywhere near as close a shave as the Panasonic, and the fact that its triple head design now feels like trying to shave with something the size of a dinner plate's face, I am not impressed. Despite how frustrating it is to actually accomplish a decent shave with ANY shaver, the Norelco foils have to be several times thicker than the ES8249 uses. One of the nifty things about the Panasonic is that I can hear the high pitched 'tick' as each whisker gets cut. So after having tried with the Norelco and switching to the Panasonic, not only can I feel the closer shave with my fingers as I am getting it, I can hear the Panasonic cutting all the whiskers shorter as it goes over the stubble left behind by the Norelco.

In all fairness, my last Norelco Cordless before I bought the Braun did have the Lift and Cut style cutters, and I remember getting a nice smooth and close shave with it. So something has changed, for the much worse, in Norelco's current design. The cutters on this new Norelco, well, "don't cut it" as the saying goes. I plan to give this thing a full week of effort, but at this rate (after the second day) I am inclined to return it. I know they say allow a few weeks for one to get used to the electric shaver, but since that's all I've shaved with for 40 years I doubt I need much getting used to it. And when I did buy this Panasonic a couple years back, after the Braun literally fell apart from age, it instantly shaved as well or even better than it is doing today. No acclimation period was required. So I don't think allowing more time is going to matter.

Some Amazon reviewers mention on these new Norelcos they feel the motor is underpowered. I have to say that for what it DOES cut, it seems powerful enough. It just can't cut close to the skin as the design is supposed to do. Maybe they need to study how thin the foils are on other modern shavers and then redesign the Norelco.
on September 21, 2013
Iv'e been using the Norelco 8883XL dry shaver a more than 5 years
bought the AT810 just recently and :

1.it takes much more time (about twice the time) ,engine seems a bit slow
2.works better wet then dry (used edge shaving gel) but still slow
3. no charing percentage indicator
4.comes without a bag
on May 9, 2013
I have owned several electric razors in the past. The last one I had for over 10 years and I thought it time to replace it. I bought this one, and now I wish I had kept Old Reliable. This one does not seem to have much power behind it and it seems to take over twice as long to get a decent shave. I have tried wet shaving as well as dry, and nothing I do seems to work well. It does especially poor on the real fine hairs on my neck. Because I can't afford to keep buying razors, I'll keep struggling with this one until it either dies or I throw it out the window. Next time though, I'll be looking at the reviews a lot closer
on January 21, 2014
I thought this was a great product, until it suddenly burnt from the inside. Yes, the circuit board actually burned. The only cause is that it was being charged. Charging the razor is something I did every night, since it is an ELECTRIC RAZOR. One day, I noticed a burnt plastic smell but figured it was not a major issue. A few weeks later, it just flat out stopped functioning. I opened it up and found the circuit board underneath charred to a crisp. How does an electric razor burn itself? Bad product.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.