Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Size: 40 Inch|Style: Front Controller|Color: Stainless|Change

Showing 1-10 of 216 reviews(1 star, Verified Purchases). See all 4,043 reviews
on December 29, 2016
Used if about 5 times over a year since buying it. Controller won't turn on now, replacement controller is $100. Read the other complaints about this unit and they all say the controller goes and the pert is too expensive to replace. Masterbuilt only provides a 90 day warranty, for obvious reasons. I don't know how the people that work or sell this unit sleep at night. Nice going Masterbuilt, putting a product on the market you know will fail.
on April 9, 2017
I would give this smoker 0 stars if possible. It worked great for the first six months (we used it approximately once per month, so not heavy use). Then one day it wouldn't turn on when my husband when to smoke some fish. It took several attempts to contact Masterbuilt before they responded. They said that the control panel had died and they finally agreed to send us a replacement panel. It was easy to install and the smoker worked great. ONCE. When my husband when to start the smoker today (for a large batch of trout), it wouldn't come on!!! We are beyond frustrated and disappointed with this product. And now we have to scramble to figure out what to do with this batch of fish.

Bottom line, Masterbuilt has horrible customer service and their electronics are shoddy!
on March 26, 2017
I had this thing for 2 months before the digital control panel, just stopped working. I've looked amazon, eBay, the masterbuilt website, and even goggled it to see where to buy one.. NO RESULTS anywhere. I'd say spend the extra money to get a solid one, now it's just an eyesore on my backyard deck.. Sheeesh
on February 14, 2017
My Masterbuilt smoker seemed great when I 1st bought it. During the warranty period, I used it 4 times - once for a brisket and three times for beef jerky. The fifth time I tried to use it, the control panel would not come on. Masterbuilt would only offer a small discount if I purchased a new one. The replacement panel was about the same price as a new smoker. Then I started reading internet forums and discovered that my case was not unusual. Person after person had the same issue. If you buy one, buy an extended warranty because many of them don't last very long. While it worked, I really like it!
on February 9, 2016
After having this smoker for about 5 months I must say I will never buy another. I only smoke about twice a month. When it works it's a great smoker. But in the last month door has cracked along the top in 3 different places. Today it stopped smoking wood chips at the temperature it used to. I had to turn it up to 250 degrees to get the chips to smoke. 250 is too high to smoke ribs and chicken. Not a very reliable product. Maybe the more expensive units are of a better quality but I'm not going to take a chance
on June 1, 2015
I NEVER write a review on products I have purchased, but this was so awful, I had to warn other buyers. I had this smoker for two weeks and the second time I used it, the control panel malfunctioned. I tried to use it a third time and the same result. I called masterbuilt and they informed me they had no parts available for this unit due to the fact it was made in 2011. I cannot believe a unit is sold without any parts available. If I could, I would rate this unit and Masterbuilt 0 stars!!!
on November 13, 2016
I have only used it 4 or 5 times and the control panel stopped working already. Unit shuts off randomly and panel makes a buzzing sound. I have owned it for 7 months, and now have come to find that the warranty is only 90 days.. How can it be acceptable in any way that an item fails so quickly? I will be calling them to see what I can work out, and will edit my review in they respond reasonably.
on August 16, 2015
Bought this smoker for my husbands birthday in May. We have used it about 6 or 7 times. Now it is mid August, just past the 90 day warranty and we TRIED to turn it on this morning, and the control panel just makes an electronic clicking sound. We were very pleased with the unit until today. This is the time of year we would have really started using it probably almost weekly. Looked at replacement part...$75 plus shipping. Very disappointed in this highly rated product. Will NEVER buy a product made by Masterbuilt again. It is ridiculous to have to replace such an expensive part less than 2 weeks after the 90 day warranty expires.

*****UPDATE****So we decided to replace the control panel. Right out of the package, same problem. Could not keep it working. Continuously shuts off during the cooking time. And guess what electronic replacement parts are nonreturnable no exchange no refund.
on May 6, 2014
I purchased this model in January of 2014. It is now May, 2014. I am the delivery of my third unit after the other two were severely defective. I really love the company, but they have some big problems with their China manufacturer. Their customer service is quite helpful and responsive.

The first smoker had misaligned and loose nuts in the body such that I could not get screws inserted to attach the heels. Masterbuilt sent an entirely new unit. All I had to do was return the cord and name plate. I junked the smoker itself.

The replacement smoker did not work from the start. The temperature controller would not go above 210 degrees and did not match the digital read out. The actual temperature was 65 degrees low, so with a design max temperature of 275 degrees the unit would not get hot enough to function. The replacement process was the same so another Unit went to the dump!

Masterbuilt said they would send me a unit that had been checked. Reading between the lines, I think they have a batch of bad product and are doing lots of replacements. The third unit has yet to arrive and here it is 5 months later. I still do not have smoker!
on July 5, 2015
The first smoker I bought I did the normal break in cycle. I smoked things about 3 times. I was nervous the darned thing would stop working since the remote never worked and the unit gets into these beeping cycles and the power and controls get completely screwy. This required an complete unplug/replug. Not just once but 10 15 times just to get 1 good cycle set. Then DO NOT touch the temp probe button or modify any settings or it will get back into that terrible reset/beeping cycle where. It is very frustrating to set things and have it going then come back and it is off. Do it again and again and HOPE it stays put without acting up. Amazon replaced this ridiculous unit since I had it only a month or so.

Unit 2: Since my first remote never worked I was so excited to have a functioning controller to watch and control remotely. I did the break in cycle and tested the unit more than before and it would not act up in the usual manner as the first. I cooked some chicken and things went well with no problems either. Today I just cooked a pork loin and could I get the stupid thing to work. The unit was beeping and resetting like it was going out of style. It shut off 2 times in the first 30 minutes so I had to watch it like a hawk. The wood chips dried out since it was not even on much. I tired to leave it be after spending some time unplugging replugging and repeat...repeat. Towards the end I had about 3 degrees left to go (monitored with my own thermometer as to not mess with the controls) and it was resetting so much I almost had to stick the darn loins in the oven just to get the food cooked. I got it going. Wow, what a day.

I am a mechanical Engineer. This thing is so simple to use my 5 year old could set it. It just acts up. Did Amazon get a bad batch of these? I do not see anyone mention beeping/ticking and resetting constantly. When I had my old and new smoker together I tried my new top controller with the old smoker and that one still acted up so the new controller did nothing to resolve the issues with that. Must be some controls down in the body of the smoker. New one seemed perfectly fine until the 3rd try.

Power on and setup:
Plug unit in. hit power on button. hit cook temp button and adjust. hit time button and adjust hours. hit time button again and adjust minutes. hit time button again and it will heat (if it does not act up) sometimes it acts up on initial power up but mostly when you hit the temp or time buttons or while adjusting. So frustrating it is worth posting the exact steps so Masterbuilt can resolve their fidgety system. Can we post video of this?? Would love to.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.