Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Dot Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on June 3, 2017
In LESS THAN NOTHING, Sage and Derek had made it to New York City by hitchhiking the entire way. Derek's guitar was stolen and they had to spend most of their meagre savings to buy a used replacement for him. Against some pretty heavy competition, they win a spot on the show America's Top Talent being held at Radio City Music Hall. They are going on, doing quite well on the show (despite being homeless and living in a regular sh*thole at night) when Derek gets drunk, in a fight and breaks his hand. Sage thinks of her mother — who was alcoholic to the point of being a negligent mother — and Sage cannot forgive him...

Sage appeals to the show to let her compete alone and they agree — Derek is also performing solo — sans guitar. Sage wins the contest...

This book picks up where LESS THAN NOTHING left off — Sage, her father and Melody arrive home in San Francisco.

The head of Sage's record label is Saul Princeton. He excitedly tells her that Sebastian Stalt (a big name in the music industry) has agreed to produce her first albumn. Sebastian has produced a lot of big stars and the chance to work with him is "one-in-a-million" to any musician! His studio — the only studio he works in — is in Los Angeles. Sage will be there for six weeks and she will be working hard. She chooses a manager, Terry. She is close with Ruby (Saul's assistant) Sebastian's sister, June and she become close friends quickly. She has a nice place to stay and a driver...

Derek has gotten a record contract too — at a studio in New Jersey. He will still be homeless while he records and will be busking to make enough money to live on. The difference between winning the contest and being a runner-up...

Sage and Derek try to find time to spend together, but it seems as though random events conspire to keep them apart...

Best friend, Melody and former co-competitor Jeremy are in the book with bigger roles — their outrageous behaviour, over-the-top styles — and close friendship — add believable and personal touches to the entire series...

You will not expect the shocking ending to this book — and you will race to start the final book of the trilogy: BEST OF EVERYTHING!

This series is so well done. You enjoy the time you spend with these people and you want to get to know them more. The books are listed as "YA romance novels" so I am not its target demographic group, but I am enjoying this series nonetheless. They are coming-of-age books and very sweet. They are also good, CLEAN fun!
on October 9, 2014
R.E. Blake does it again! I couldn't put this book down. The writing was flawless bringing all emotions into play. The story picks up right where the first book left off with Sage and Derek. Sage is now living her dream even though she keeps waiting for it to dissolve right before her eyes. We see her maturing and accepting she has to work hard to make it in the music business. Her feelings for Derek keep growing and she wants to do everything to be with him. Sage now has to deal with a long distance relationship, meeting new people she has to trust will guide her career in the right path, and deal with personal grief. Will she hang on to Derek, or give him up for her music career? There are twists and turns in the story that had me feeling like I was living the story right along with Sage and Derek, but the ending was an unexpected cliffhanger. I can't wait for the next installment.
on May 2, 2015
Love the series so far and I understand she's a teenager but the whiney and pity parties were too much and too many. She was homeless now has world at finger tips and whines all the time? Can totally see where author is coming from by putting it in but really got tired of pages and pages of whining. Author puts great voices of reasoning around her but would have enjoyed reading about her enjoying her new fame instead of nothing. By the end I just wanted to be done. But of course it leaves with a didn't see that coming cliff hanger. Love the all the characters. Sage has to stay in LA and do her record while Derek has to stay in New York to do his. Sebastian, the 27 year old producer, ends up hitting on her she shoots it down instantly. Then the accident. Whine whine I almost got killed. Whine whine I have bruises....while someone else is in hospital way worse. Whine whine Sebastian is showing someone else attention after I shot him down. Whine whine I can't see Derek cause I'm too busy. I'm glad other than whining the author shows under the whining that she's level headed for a 17 yr old and just ur typical 17 yr old.
on April 1, 2015
Sage has a lot to learn, a lot to work on in her personal life, and also a lot to work on in the music industry. It is interesting how things play out in this book! Still an emotional roller coaster for Sage and she has some tough decisions to make. The ending to this book is great and leaves you wanting more! Cannot wait to finish the last book in this trilogy!
on April 2, 2015
I'll start by saying that it's a well written story, and it did keep me entertained......until the end.

Usually I'll fly through a series, especially this kind that keeps the story going. But somewhere between the beginning and end of this book I decided I'm not buying the last book.
I wanted more Derek and Sage. Melody got on my nerves, I didn't like her character so reading more about her and Sage than Derek and Sage irked me. In fact, I read more about everyone else and Sage through the majority of the book than about Derek and her.
The book consisted of 80% Sage and her million friends and issues.
20% Sage and Derek. Here I thought it was a story about them.
After sleeping on it, I've come to the conclusion that the book is too crowded with Characters and side plots. Sages career, Sages Mom and Ralph issues, Sages drama, Sages negative inner babble, Sage trying to see Derek.
Sometimes less drama is better. It over shadowed the love story. Then on the last page BAM! a new drama to carry on to the final book.
Word of advice, read the synopsis and reviews for next book, then decide if you really need to spend 3.99$ to get the end of a story that should've been wrapped up in this book. For me, I get the idea of the end without having to deal with all the other characters and drama.
on March 23, 2015
I love books that don't end and this continues an amazing story with a look into what it takes to develop a music star, and I love the fact that the main character maintains a level of integrity oftentimes missing in the music industry. Real characters. A great read! Anxious to continue with the story!
on April 3, 2015
This is a great coming of age story. The characters really resonate. The story very contemporary. I am older woman and liked the story line; would also recommend it to my nieces in their early 20's. It is fiction. If I want a sorry life I can look at my own.
on September 13, 2015
This book in the trilogy flows more smoothly, and I found I cared what happened to the main characters. So now I'll finish the next book in the series and see how it goes.
on September 10, 2015
The redundancy of issues and dialogue between characters made skimming essential to get to the end. I'm undecided on if I will read the third book even though I bought all three together. The story was ok but the writing style was choppy.
on March 9, 2015
Book 2 of one of the best trilogies I have ever read. It is a romance and so much more.