Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 68 reviews(2 star, Verified Purchases). See all 1,867 reviews
on January 9, 2016
The reason i am giving this product 2 stars instead of 1 star is because it comes so close to being awesome before it falls flat! I loved everything about the construction of it. The problem was, just like a multitude of other people were reporting, it doesn't reach the temperatures advertised. My first use of it was making fries. Anyone who has ever made fries before knows that you want to cook them once,cool then fires, then turn up the temp even higher and fry it again to reach that golden brown perfection. The temps in their instruction manual recommend 320° for 1st fry and 374° for second fry. I couldn't even get this thing to reach the lower 320°. Dialed it to 320° and it only reached maybe 250°. I cranked the dial up to the max 374° and it barely hit 312°. Others reviewers complained of the exact same thing. If they can fix this temperature issue this would be a great product. But frying is all about reaching the proper high temperature for the food you are cooking otherwise your food will come out soggy or oil soaked. (I used 2 separate hand thermometers and both were confirming the same temps)

I rolled the dice on it even after reading all the similar reviews. I ended up returning. (I love Amazon's no fuss return policy!)

PROS
All stainless steel construction
Loved the drain and oil store option (mine didn't leak when i used it like some reported)
Pretty much EVERYTHING is dishwasher safe aside from controls/heating element. Huge plus there!
Nicely sized for a family fryer

CON
Doesn't reach the temperatures it needs to. That's like buying a plane that doesn't fly.

OTHER
Make sure and take note of the size. Since it is large you need lots of space to store it.
on April 2, 2017
I was very excited to try out my fryer. I got it going but the heating indicator light turned off rather quickly. I measured the oil temperature and it was at 280 degrees though I set 370. Annoying but I decided to wait to see if it would continue to heat. It seemed to stall at 320 degrees so I just cooked there since I had all my food prepped. About 2hrs after I started and I was done, I again measured and it had only reached 330 degrees tops. I called the company and they said the heating element itself only gets up to 370 degrees. That would make it incredibly slow to get the oil up to that temp and very slow to recover heat after cooking. I didn't want to pay this much and not even be able to get up to the proper cooking temperatures. Anyone else have a similar issue? Are you just content to cook at lower temps?
on July 20, 2016
So, I like the fryer. I wish I had just purchased a fryer though, because this contraption is stupid. The oil will drain out of the fry bin as soon as it cools, regardless of whether or not you flip the drain switch or have the oil storage bin in place. The concept is great and a good idea but the execution is flawed. Just buy yourself a good fryer without some dumb drain feature.
on September 12, 2016
I have used this fryer several times now, for frozen, thawed, and par-cooked foods.

pros: love the oil reservoir. Easy to clean.

cons: does NOT hold temp. Frozen foods like fries or tots will take the temp down to 325 in about two minutes of cooking. Then takes another 5 to reach temp - which makes for utterly greasy fries. Last night I made chicken wings - thawed and room temp. 10 mini-wing pieces took the temp from 375 to 240 in one minute. It took 10 minutes to cook that small batch of wings to temp. When making fresh cut fries, I actually had to par-fry them for two minutes, take them out, let the oil come up to temp, then fry again for 5 minutes.

There must be a better deep-fryer out there somewhere. This is the fourth one I've purchased on Amazon trying to find a decent counter top model that will hold heat. I've had Hamilton Beach, Proctor Silex, and Cuisinart. No luck yet. Anyone have a tip?
on December 11, 2016
I love the filtration system. I very much hate the temp range. States 375 degrees, my three fryer thermometers all read around 315 degrees after warming up for 4 hours. Keeping as it will do fries well. Do not try chicken in this unit. Also, no room between basket and pan to slide in a thermometer.
on June 8, 2016
It cooks great and has plenty of room for deep frying. The major problem is the storage container after you filter it. If you tip the container up to the pour spout to put your once used oil into a container to refrigerate, the entire top of the container will pop off dumping an entire gallon of brand new, once used peanut oil all over your floor and counter top and everything else around you. This actually happened and unfortunately we have carpet and runners in the kitchen so we are off to rent a carpet cleaner. Who has time for that.
on August 21, 2016
I bought this fryer last September. When I first got it I loved it. It fried perfectly and I loved the self draining feature. I used it probably 8 or 10 time and I fried French fries and they were terrible, they were greasy and limp. I thought maybe I had done something so I tried again a couple of weeks later with the same results. I measured the temperature of the grease and found it to be about 250degrees, well below the 350 I had it set on. I was extremely disappointed. I gave it 2 stars instead of 1 because it did work well for about 6 months
on December 14, 2016
The first couple of times I used this fryer it worked just fine and I was thrilled about it. But the third time when I put the oil in and started heating it, I noticed the oil started draining out while the dial was on fry I turned it off cleaned the oil out of the pan and at this point I noticed that the fitting around the filter piece had broken. I'm very disappointed with this product because I paid over 100.00 dollars with tax. And more disappointed by Amazon's return policy because I didn't use the unit for 2 months after I purchased it so now I can't return it and stuck with quite an expensive unit. I will not be buying appliances online with Amazon anymore.
on September 12, 2017
Doesn't get up to temperature...Preheated it for thirty minutes. I used two different candy thermometers at different locations inside the bowl and the hottest was 330 F near the element...it worked okay...I was making very slender churros. Needed it to get up to 375 F for doughnuts....that's never going to happen. Disappointed with the quality. Meh.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2017
EZ Clean is genius. Frying is idiot. Side by side test with my Krups unit (one week old). Krups almost double size, flimsy housing, digital readout, timer. T-Fal better housing, lousy looking control head and wow to the EZ Clean (as yet unused). Both with identical digital candy thermometers. Time to heat peanut oil to 375* - Krups 50% faster. But wait the T-Fal shuts off indicating 375* but it is only at 345*. Yup the T-Fal is 30* off at all temps! You could compensate at all readings but not after 345* because it shuts off. Identical two fry method on both machines for french fries. Yup the cooler T-Fal produces a greasier, less browned product. So forget the EZ Clean because you will be throwing away the whole machine