Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$2.99

Showing 1-10 of 74 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 90 reviews
on February 9, 2015
I seldom leave a five-star review. I keep that for really special books--and this is one. A perfect mix of tears and laughter, it is so much more than a romance. You can get a synopsis of the plot from other reviews, but let me add that the author has laid the groundwork for the quirks and actions of the characters. They are well drawn personalities, imperfect people who were formed by their pasts, people who have demons to conquer before they can find peace and happiness. It is sensual without being too much sex. It is sad but you will laugh as the tears roll down your cheeks. Jackie Weger has gained a fan. I'll be looking for other books by her.
on February 10, 2015
This book is deeply emotional with a very touching and hard ending. It's a story of learning to love, moving beyond your past, and loss. This was an enjoyable read, I didn’t care for it as much as I did her first book. I had issues with the little voices they were almost like an angle on one shoulder and the devil on the other. I just could not get into that. The author does give you a wonderful plot, again dealing with some very serious issues that she does a wonderful job with.

Cleo is sweet, kind and a wonderful lady who has issues with trust, love and a past that hunts her. Fletcher is kind of a cocky southern man who really I felt was misunderstood for the most part. He wrote a book as a joke but the joke was on him. He has women falling all over him trying to change his ways and his mind. That is until Cleo no women had told him NO. He really had women chasing him and his ego might have gotten a little to big but Cleo sure did bring it down a peg or two.

I really liked all the character from his friends who I thought was funny to Big Mama was the funniest character. I had a few minor issues with this book but the biggest one I had was Cleo hearing voice and talking to them. It was almost like she had a split personality, I just had issues with it in this plot, I didn’t feel like it went with the story. Had it just been her grandmother she was talking to I would have bought that. I am giving this book a 3.5 star. I did really enjoy this first book from this author and do plan on reading more from her.
on March 29, 2017
Cleo and Fletcher are so fun to read, very dynamic characters and appealing too. I did cry a lot though because of Katie, that poor soul. How can a happy celebration of love happen in the midst of death, I had no idea.

One thing I am sure though, Jackie Weger is a master manipulator of feelings, and I meant in a good way. I love all her stories, especially this one because it tugged at my heartstrings. Would definitely read more of her books soon!
on October 5, 2015
So many emotions, some I can relate to. This book deals with cancer, love, feeling untouchable and undeserving. Some editing errors but not enough to make me stop reading. I found it to be very touching, so heartfelt.
on April 26, 2015
Loved the characters and the little surprises along the way. Light and sorry, but with some philosophy and depth thrown in.
on February 7, 2015
An extremely well written story with timeless characters. I will never forget Katie. We should all be so strong and full of faith. Excellent job Jackie Weger.
This book was so interesting that I had to buy its sequence to find out what happened. Good reads!
on February 24, 2015
This is a well written book that is more than a shallow romance novel. I had trouble putting it down before finishing it.
on February 5, 2015
Cleo was raised by a bitter bigoted old woman -her grandmother. She was illegitimate and Gram never let Cleo's mom forget what a horrible sinner she was-and when she died when Cleo was 11she told her to get as far away as she could from Gram. So Cleo married Peter. Frying pan to the fire- it turned out that he preferred men but he used Cleo to cook, clean, and put him thru law school...

Now at 30 Cleo is traveling in a camper and writing nature stories for children's school books. She ends up in Georgia where she meets confirmed bachelor Fletcher and 11 year old Katie- and Katie is dying from cancer...

Katie knows she's dying and her strength and purpose crack open the wounded heart Cleo has. Fletcher is already in love with her but the past just has her under its control- but experiencing Katie and learning love can be good from Fletcher breaks Cleo free....to love and be loved.

This book brought me to tears but it was uplifting too. Katie made lists of people to tell hello to when she got to Heaven and insisted on having holes in the back of her dress for her angel wings....beautiful story...
on September 17, 2015
Cute romantic storyline, with undercurrents of seriousness with the illness of the child in the story . I was not a fan of how old fashioned gender roles were considered romantic and desirable, however.