Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 96 reviews(5 star, Verified Purchases). See all 226 reviews
on June 25, 2015
I purchased this smoker after a considerable amount of research. If you have a budget under 500 hundred and want electric to be your source of heat, I can’t see any way you would do better than this unit. Of course you could just get the 40” Masterbuilt generation 1 smoker for less money and you’d have a fine smoker, but I’d advise you avoid the generation 2 version as there are several design flaws (see the amazing meat dot com forum for more info on this) Mastbuilt got it right with this new smoker (Gen 2.5) and I must admit the Bluetooth app is pretty cool with this thing. Granted, the range is not great, but when you’re paired with the app it’s neat to be able to monitor what’s going on with the smoker. Sure a maverick digital meat probe does the same thing, but the app does work well.

One thing I will recommend that you purchase along with this smoker is a nifty little device called the A-MAZE-N-PELLET-SMOKER 5X8. It’s a stainless steel mesh tray designed to hold wood pellets, the same pellets used in expensive pellet smokers, to provide all day smoke without having to add wood chips every half hour. You simply fill the try, light one end of the pellets and is smolders for hours, producing perfect thin blue smoke. Place it on the bottom of the smoker next to the heating element and forget about needing wood chips. I tried it for the first time recently and it works flawless. This smoker, along with the pellet smoker tray, is the ultimate in set it and forget it smoking.

I have an offset smoker and a 250 gallon rotisserie pig roaster. I love smoking meat almost as much as I love eating it, but sometimes I got things to do that do not allow me to babysit my offset all day for a 12 pound brisket at 225 but still want to eat me some brisket. This smoker makes that possible. No babysitting required.
3434 comments| 223 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 10, 2016
After reading reviews on a lot of electric smokers, we chose this one. I assembled it myself - 68 yr old woman - so you know it had to be easy!!! The handle and wheels are a great plus in moving this around. We used it for Thanksgiving - had to cut the 14 lb turkey in half to fit comfortably. The digital display is great. We used the built in probe but did not sync it to Bluetooth - reading the temp on the outside display was fine. Adding wood chips was easy. It cooked the turkey a lot quicker than I anticipated. We also smoked a brisket a few days later and again it cooked it quicker than expected. So you probably have to use it a few times to make adjustments to cooking time. All seals were tight and we did not have a lot of smoke "leakage". It was also very easy to clean. As to the size - if you plan to do lots of large pieces of meat you might want to choose a larger model. For us, this was a perfect size - easy to maneuver and does not take up a large amount of storage space. Would highly recommend this product.
on June 18, 2017
So far so great! Just got for my husband, only used once to smoke a whole chicken. Worked perfectly, no issue with the Bluetooth set up either. He has an iPhone and downloaded the app and used it like a remote, not issue with being too far away at all. I am guessing that if people using the app as a remote just don't have great service or are in a bad spot the Bluetooth probably doesn't work well just like any other app etc when you are in a bad spot/coverage. We love it...so far!!
on April 20, 2017
2 briskets and 3 bacon slabs later, i still love it
on July 11, 2017
Excellent and easy to use smoker... this is my first go round... I made the right choice. I wish the Bluetooth had a further reach, but, other than that minimal complaints.
on January 3, 2017
Well, we have eaten nothing but meat in these ten days after Christmas since we gave this to the Daddy in our house. He is quite happy. The mommy likes that you can make 4 chickens at once and eat some, then freeze the rest to use in recipes. I don't know how it all works, but I know the white meat ends up as moist at the dark meat - magic! Took some time to put together, but oh what fun to just check the temperature of your hen on your cell phone... this has 'guy' written all over it.
on August 15, 2017
Love this unit. Works perfectly does a great job smoking. Wish I found this sooner. Lots of room to smoke loads of food. Bluetooth works perfectly.
on April 3, 2017
THIS WORKS AWESOME, THE BLUETOOTH FUNCTION IS PRETTY DECENT I HAD AN ISSUE AND SUBMITTED A COMPLAINT THROUGH MASTERBUILT AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS PERFECT
on April 30, 2017
Great smoker, temp control probe and Wi-Fi work great, so much for keeping glass on the front clean though, lol
on June 23, 2016
One of our neighbors has a smoker and was always giving us some samples of what they made in their smoker. After doing some research and determining what made the most sense for us, we chose this Masterbuilt Smoker and have been extremely happy with it.

It's so easy to use and the design makes it easy to clean too - as all critical parts are easy to reach/remove and clean.

We use it on average about once a week for some meals and some interesting items - like our very own smoked cheese!