Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(2 star, Verified Purchases). See all 220 reviews
on March 19, 2017
The smoker worked great for awhile. We used it maybe a dozen times. Then it just quit. It would keep shutting itself off. When we looked online for a solution we found that quite a few other people also experienced this issue. The only way to fix it would be to replace several interior parts. My son's smoker ( also a Masterbuilt) lasted less than a year. Unless the company can fix this issue, we will not be buying another smoker from Masterbuilt.
on April 8, 2017
Bought it a year and 4 months ago. First time I used it in over 6 months now -- I have used it a total of about 6 times -- and now it has the run-away temperature problem so many others have had. The meat it makes when it is working right is fantastic. Longevity of the smoker is questionable. Better watch your temperature. I set mine for 225 and the next thing I know it is at 300 degrees. Reset and then it happens again. Finished my brisquet wrapped in the oven instead of the smoker. OK, so.... what is broken? Does it need a new control panel or what? Aggravating for a $500 purchase.
on July 3, 2016
Got this as a Christmas gift. I've never owned a smoker before. Wasn't able to use it much during the winter, maybe 3 or 4 times. I've now had the smoker 6 months and this is about the 5th time I've used it. At first, I really liked it. It wasn't incredibly difficult to put together and use even considering I'd never used a smoker before. Seems to maintain cooking temp fairly well. However, now that I've used it a few times, I definitely wish I'd have purchased a different product - perhaps a Traeger grill or something similar.

Problem #1: First thing I tried to smoke was a flat brisket. It barely fit on the rack. There's no way I'll get a packer brisket into this thing without cutting it apart. OK, my fault, I should have researched a bit more.

Problem #2: As several other reviews have indicated, the bluetooth range on this thing is terrible. Honestly, I'm not sure why they bothered with it. I guess if it's the dead of winter and you can get near it, you wouldn't actually have to go outside to check temps. You certainly can't wander much more than 10 or 15 feet away from this thing if there is a wall between you and it.

Problem #3: You need to load wood chips about every hour or so. If you're looking to smoke something overnight, plan on getting up every hour or so to load wood chips.

Problem #4: Even though I've only used the smoker a few times, and it's been stored in a garage out of the elements, the meat temp probe is now not reading correctly. I smoked some chicken breast earlier this evening and about halfway through the smoke I started getting very odd readings on the meat probe. After the chicken was done, I started a pork butt. When I put the probe into the raw pork and checked to make sure it was reading correctly, the probe was already reading somewhere around 150 degrees. After about 3 hours, the meat probe says the internal temp of the 8 lb pork butt is 284 degrees, but the smoker cook temp is set at 225, . . . hmmmm??? Checked the warranty and there's only a 90 day warranty on the product. Will be calling Masterbuilt on Tuesday. Hopefully there's a little leeway on the warranty. Looks like some reviews indicate their customer service is pretty good. We'll find out. If it's not, I will definitely be updating this review.

Updates on 5/26/17:
It's been about a year and a half and I still use this smoker. Masterbuilt's customer service was very good. I called them, told them about the temp probe issue and they sent me another temp probe. Didn't take long to repair and it's been working fine since. I also did smoke a 10lb packer brisket, was a little snug, but it worked. Still kinda wish I'd have gotten a pellet grill though.
on January 19, 2017
I was really excited by the idea that I could have a smoker with auto temp control and a built in temp probe. While the auto temp control works well, the smoker has a very poor app. I can't set alarms when meat is at or near a specific temp which results in over cooked meat as you have to set another timer to remind you to check it.

Another issue with the smoker is the inability to set it to over 275 to burn off anything leftover in the smoker. This means I spend significantly more time cleaning it than I did my old cheapo electric smoker. The smoker also has a light built outside the door, but not one built inside... Not very useful.

Great idea for a smoker, very very poor implementation.
on August 29, 2016
witch it was bigger can not fit a pork but in it .
on December 9, 2016
Product ships half assembled. If you don't mind finishing what the manufacturer should have done it is not a bad smoker. Plan on spending an hour building the base and installing about 24 screws. If unit was completely assembled I would rate it a 4.