Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 157 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 226 reviews
on June 25, 2015
I purchased this smoker after a considerable amount of research. If you have a budget under 500 hundred and want electric to be your source of heat, I can’t see any way you would do better than this unit. Of course you could just get the 40” Masterbuilt generation 1 smoker for less money and you’d have a fine smoker, but I’d advise you avoid the generation 2 version as there are several design flaws (see the amazing meat dot com forum for more info on this) Mastbuilt got it right with this new smoker (Gen 2.5) and I must admit the Bluetooth app is pretty cool with this thing. Granted, the range is not great, but when you’re paired with the app it’s neat to be able to monitor what’s going on with the smoker. Sure a maverick digital meat probe does the same thing, but the app does work well.

One thing I will recommend that you purchase along with this smoker is a nifty little device called the A-MAZE-N-PELLET-SMOKER 5X8. It’s a stainless steel mesh tray designed to hold wood pellets, the same pellets used in expensive pellet smokers, to provide all day smoke without having to add wood chips every half hour. You simply fill the try, light one end of the pellets and is smolders for hours, producing perfect thin blue smoke. Place it on the bottom of the smoker next to the heating element and forget about needing wood chips. I tried it for the first time recently and it works flawless. This smoker, along with the pellet smoker tray, is the ultimate in set it and forget it smoking.

I have an offset smoker and a 250 gallon rotisserie pig roaster. I love smoking meat almost as much as I love eating it, but sometimes I got things to do that do not allow me to babysit my offset all day for a 12 pound brisket at 225 but still want to eat me some brisket. This smoker makes that possible. No babysitting required.
3434 comments| 223 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 4, 2017
This thing...well, it's pretty awesome. Firstly, I'll admit that I had a massive Brinkmann offset smoker years ago, but with as much as I used to be out of town for work, I got rid of it because I was never home enough to master it. This MES though - takes ALL of the guesswork out of it, well, for the most part, depending on your application.

It is a nice 'set it and forget it' application - except that if you like smoke, you can't really forget it. The chip loader is small (1/2 cup per instructions), so you're running out of wood chips fairly often. While that has to be tended to, at least you don't have to mind the temperature. Being electric, it will automatically adjust itself.

For long smokes, I use the A-Maze-N smoker maze and their pellets in this instead of wood chips. The taste is equivalent, but the smoke lasts much, much longer than traditional wood chips, and it throws out as much smoke as the wood chips. I the end, this just means extra convenience and less time hovering over the unit. Which you'll no longer have to do, considering the Bluetooth capability of the unit so you can see temperatures remotely.

In the end, I'm only giving 4 stars because of the small size of the heating element and chip loader/chip tray. Granted I'm not an engineer, but I'd certainly like to think that the capacity could have been greatly expanded.
on December 10, 2016
After reading reviews on a lot of electric smokers, we chose this one. I assembled it myself - 68 yr old woman - so you know it had to be easy!!! The handle and wheels are a great plus in moving this around. We used it for Thanksgiving - had to cut the 14 lb turkey in half to fit comfortably. The digital display is great. We used the built in probe but did not sync it to Bluetooth - reading the temp on the outside display was fine. Adding wood chips was easy. It cooked the turkey a lot quicker than I anticipated. We also smoked a brisket a few days later and again it cooked it quicker than expected. So you probably have to use it a few times to make adjustments to cooking time. All seals were tight and we did not have a lot of smoke "leakage". It was also very easy to clean. As to the size - if you plan to do lots of large pieces of meat you might want to choose a larger model. For us, this was a perfect size - easy to maneuver and does not take up a large amount of storage space. Would highly recommend this product.
on June 17, 2015
After waiting months for this new smoker, I'm slightly disappointed. I believe the smoker itself works well. My disappointment comes from the range with the Bluetooth. The Bluetooth feature was the sole reason I selected this model. The range on the Bluetooth is about 12-15 feet and going through a door decreases to about 10 feet. I have other Bluetooth systems within my house and this connection is by far the worst connection.

If you are going to buy this smoker for the Bluetooth feature. Be prepared to use your phone close to the unit. If not, your connection will be lost.
55 comments| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 9, 2017
Has been great so far, bluetooth is working great and very convenient, I love it. I did have to buy the cold smoke attachment. I could not get consistent smoke without it when operating the smoker below 160 degrees; the heating element wasn't on enough to keep the chips smoldering. But, that is because I am mostly smoking salmon. For chicken and beef, it worked great without the cold smoke attachment. Highly recommend.
on June 18, 2017
So far so great! Just got for my husband, only used once to smoke a whole chicken. Worked perfectly, no issue with the Bluetooth set up either. He has an iPhone and downloaded the app and used it like a remote, not issue with being too far away at all. I am guessing that if people using the app as a remote just don't have great service or are in a bad spot the Bluetooth probably doesn't work well just like any other app etc when you are in a bad spot/coverage. We love it...so far!!
on April 20, 2017
2 briskets and 3 bacon slabs later, i still love it
on July 11, 2017
Excellent and easy to use smoker... this is my first go round... I made the right choice. I wish the Bluetooth had a further reach, but, other than that minimal complaints.
on January 3, 2017
Well, we have eaten nothing but meat in these ten days after Christmas since we gave this to the Daddy in our house. He is quite happy. The mommy likes that you can make 4 chickens at once and eat some, then freeze the rest to use in recipes. I don't know how it all works, but I know the white meat ends up as moist at the dark meat - magic! Took some time to put together, but oh what fun to just check the temperature of your hen on your cell phone... this has 'guy' written all over it.
on August 15, 2017
Love this unit. Works perfectly does a great job smoking. Wish I found this sooner. Lots of room to smoke loads of food. Bluetooth works perfectly.