Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 46 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 48 reviews
on March 31, 2017
This was a quick read -- too quick! I wanted more. :) I prefer longer reads, so I don't frequently read shorts or novellas.

I liked Kala. Her character is well drawn, with a voice all her own. I could see the direction of this short pretty quickly, but I still finished it because of Kala.

My only "complaint" was the lack of a more fleshed-out understanding of Griff. HOW did he lose his treasure? What are the rules regarding this treasure and his protection of it? Hopefully, Ms. Gold returns to these two characters for a full-length novel!

This is a reasonably tame paranormal romance, with tongue acrobatics during long kisses and allusions to what *else* a character wants. Overall, I am left wanting MORE! More Kala. More Griff.
on April 11, 2017
The only problem is that it's a sample! I'm all into her situation and then she meets this guy...

Great way to introduce me to your style and what you write about to have a sample. I was just getting into it. As a paranormal writer, I appreciate that you start off with a character-driven beginning so I have someone to see the story through. And, of course, a drooling dog to worry about. I'll get onto the complete series...
on February 28, 2015
I know Jami writes well, so I was excited to read this short story. As expected it pulled me in fast, created tension, and delivered a story that leaves me wanting to read more about the Mythos Legacy. I'm looking forward to reading Treasured Claim.
on January 26, 2016
I picked up this book because I read Jami's blog and was curious if her writing style matched the excellent quality and professionalism of her blog. It does! If you like Chris Hemsworth's Thor (and who doesn't) this little story will take you on a fun fantasy ride with a main character who might remind you of the drop-dead gorgeous Norse god. Jami Gold is one of the few writers I can read without picking it apart because she knows how to draw you in and lose yourself in the story. I'm a big fan of Jami's. She was recommended to me by the editor of my own novel, so you know she's that good!
on February 9, 2016
I wanted more!! I know it is a short story and yes they did advertise it as short and sweet and that's exactly what it was. A quick sweet read that could have easily been so much more. I did finish it I laughed and then it was gone
on August 29, 2015
I enjoyed reading "Unintended Guardian: A Mythos Legacy" by Jami Gold. The short story gave me a sneak-peak into the fantasy world of the mythos legacy.

Please read the brief book description because it is everything I would say about the book without giving away too much.

So, my thoughts are: This is a short story that only touches upon what to expect in the saga of the Mythos Legacy books. Thus, "Unintended Guardian: A Mythos Legacy" is a teaser that drew me into Jami Gold's fantasy world. I plan to read "Treasured Claim: A Mythos Legacy Novel" (Book 1) to see this world more fully.
on February 4, 2016
A short story that grabbed me at the first sentence and didn't let go until the end of the final word. Beautifully written, with characters so amazing I was left wanting more. Thank you for an awesome read, Jami!
on July 3, 2016
When I read a short introductory book, several things have to happen for me to say it was worth my time reading it. It has to have believable characters. It has to flow well, not choppy scenes, back stories, sex scenes added just because it seems like a good spot to add one in whether it made sense or not to the flow of the story and finally, it has to grab my attention and keep it all the way to the very last word on the very last page. Then it has to make me sad, mad, confused that the book ended so quickly. Your short story did that for me. I wanted to know the backstories surrounding Kala, Griff and that nasty little leprechaun!
on June 8, 2015
I gave this new author a try and am very happy I did. The characters were real and it has a happy ending too. Now I plan to go ahead and order her new novel with a dragon as the main character. Try this novella, it's free, and I'm sure you'll like it as much as I did.
on June 23, 2015
I don't usually read short stories, and this one reminded me of exactly why... It introduced 3 delightful characters, a serious story problem, delightful tension... and I was hooked. I was ready to spend 10 or 12 hours with Kala and Griff, as they went on a novel length quest to regain his treasure... (gradually falling in hot hot love along the way, right? Oh, yes.)

Also, I wanted to kick that Lil' bastard Leprechaun. Hard. So more pages of story where events could slap around that little punk would have been nice, too.

And then... bam! it was over - it was lovely, and I shouldn't complain, but... dangit! It left me wanting much, much more.
So I'm off to read the Mythos legacy novels, with high expectations of enjoying them very much! :)