Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Shop Popular Services henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 225 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 242 reviews
on February 15, 2016
If you are reading this and happen to be wondering if there is something better out there to trim your dogs with than the wahl trimmers on the shelf at wallyworld, you have come to the right place. We have mini schnauzers with very different hair - one fine and straight and one thick and curly. The latter was especially problematic for the old wahl trimmer. This trimmer, along with a #10 blade, a #15, and a #4 skip tooth cut our grooming time down from 3-4 hours for both dogs down to 30 minutes per dog. I am happy to pay for all of this in exchange for not having to spend so much time in a confined space with dog hair all over me....and dogs didn't enjoy prolonged grooming times either. I spent some time researching which brand, which features, and which motor speed would be best, and this was my end result. I have no regrets.
55 comments| 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2017
I did lots of research on this clipper and other clippers of the same price range. The reviews said that this clipper stays cooler and longer than the other brands. It was not true, it must just be a marketing tool. This clipper got very hot after only 15 minutes of use, very disappointed in the purchase. I would have given it less stars, but the cutting action is great. I have a golden doodle with very thick fur and an undercoat. All other clippers I have tried have failed at cutting her head and neck hair, which is the thickest. This clipper cut through it like a hot knife to butter. I just wish it stayed cooler like the reviews stated. Another negative is the amount of accessories it comes with, which was zero. For a clipper that costs over $150, you should get some accessories. The one I purchased only had a #10 blade, no combs included. I had to by a seperate set of combs which cost another $25. They should put a couple combs in the box with the clipper, like 1 short (1/4") and 1 long (3/4 or 1"). At least that would give most people enough options to immediately begin grooming.
on May 1, 2016
AMAZING!

These little clippers pack a powerful punch. I originally bought them for my golden retriever and wondered if they would cut through my cats long silky hair when he gets the spring time matted hair--they glide through both my dog and cats hair like butter. The cord is super long also--no need for an extension cord.

I highly recommend getting cooling spray for the blades though-they do get hot after 15 minutes or running. Great purchase, I wish I would have bought them 10 years ago and saved money at the dog groomers. I am going to buy clipper blades that cut longer though, the Andis come with #10, I'm looking at buying a #5 blade next. (Keep in mind, the SMALLER the number, the LONGER the cut!)

P.S... they work great for face/bridle clipping on horses too!
on September 16, 2016
I have 2 aussies and double carpal tunnel. I have never been able to get another shaver to work. I can use this one and it does a fantastic job. With a full coat, it took a bit of time but once they are shaved the first time the next is like slicing butter. It does not vibrate hard and I am able to hold it without any trouble. It came with one blade which left their hair about half inch long I am guessing, just perfect.It will shave down to the skin if you hold it incorrectly as I did by accident on the smooth chest hair. I have never shaved a dog before, being the other shavers didn't work, so it took me two tries but it's easy once you practice.
on February 26, 2016
I bought this for my (2) Labradoodles - both had matted hair. The trimmers worked great and I had no issue giving them a clean cut in a surprisingly short amount of time. I would highly recommend purchasing a spare head with this purchase. The blades tend to heat up (that's friction for ya) but they switch out very easy. I bought a spare ceramic edge to see if there is a difference in heat generation, there was - but its rather negligible. Having (2) heads was the key, while one was in use I let the other cool on a metal plate sitting on a bag of ice - worked like a champ. While cutting I'd occasionally touch the blade to my inner wrist (like checking a baby bottle), once the in-use blade felt warm I switched heads. The high quality construct of both clipper and cord makes me believe that I'll have years of service from this product.
on March 2, 2016
We have a Maltese that was a matted mess. These clippers worked great. Other reviews noted blades getting really hot but we did not have that trouble. There are 2 speeds- low and high. Low speed was adequate for most of the cut. We had looked at several reviews and different brands/models at our local pet store. The price on Amazon was significantly lower.
on August 22, 2016
I have a poodle mix that requires frequent grooming. After watching Youtube videos I decided to try to do it myself. I first tried a cheaper clipper but it was very difficult to get an even cut. The Andis ProClip glides much smoother thought her fur. The 2 speeds helps with more difficult areas like around joints.
on May 30, 2016
Worth the cost! I did not have to stop other than to give the blades a little cool down here and there. My little poodle's hair was thick, but these cut with ease. The five other clippers that I have bought between Walmart & Tractor Supply have all bogged down, dulled with first use, overheated, and took me atleast 2 hours to cut my mini-s thick hair. These clippers cut her hair and mats seamlessly. Worth every penny!
on April 22, 2017
These clippers worked wonderfully on my 14lb Poodle/Australian Shepherd mix. I bought a CeramicEdge 7FC blade with these. My dog's hair is super fine; I used cordless clippers with the plastic guards during her previous haircuts and the guard just pushed her hair down without really cutting it. These clippers have much more power than the cordless ones and they cut her hair with no problems at all. I love that I don't need to use a guard with them. I used my cordless clippers to touch up her legs and hard-to-reach areas since she's so small and a bit wary of the cord. I'm only a novice at-home groomer (as the 'after' photo definitely proves!), but these clippers will certainly make haircuts quicker and more efficient, which is a win for both my dog and me.
review image review image
on March 27, 2017
This is my first review on Amazon, but I felt compelled to write one. I have two big standard poodles. One has very thick and course hair, while the other's hair is medium. Over three years, I have bought two other clippers, one being Sunbeam and the other a Wahl. It would be a three+ day process to get an even cut with their thick hair, and the results would still be mediocre. I finally gave up and purchased this as a last ditch effort to avoid going to the groomers every month. Wow!!! Within 20 minutes, I was already 75% done, and it cut through the thickest hair like butter. The result is even and beautiful looking fur. I have been kicking myself that I didn't buy this earlier.

They have received a customer for life!!