YED MagazinestoInspire Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Valentines Day STEM Shop Popular Services TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Now NYNN

Showing 1-10 of 627 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 700 reviews
on November 9, 2015
Decent but overpriced. The putting surface is a thicker, higher quality composite that lays down more easily without the rippling seen in the older model. But two separate purchases showed permanent creases in the putting surface that made this item unusable. It seems the new and improved thicker mat is more prone to crushing when jammed in the box with the plastic return track during packaging. A simple fix but somebody should inform the factory. I returned the worst one and used a hair dryer to fluff up the synthetic nap as much as possible.
review image
on April 12, 2013
As soon as I started putting with this I was able to see that I was inadvertently pulling my putts to the left. The lines on the mat greatly helped with my alignment. I use this to practice before heading out to the course. It has helped me to stay focused on a straight follow through on my putting stroke.
on July 15, 2014
I have had this mat for about one month now and have used it almost daily. It really helps reinforce proper take away and follow through. I really felt that it was helping me develop a much more consistent stroke. But, what made me want to write a review and recommend this to others was what happened when I picked up a friend's putter at his house and started taking a few strokes. He commented almost instantly on how straight my putting stroke looked. I told him it was all in the SKLZ.

I did realize that with the uphill slope that the mat might not help so much in developing touch. As, you can bang a 3 footer into the hole with the same force it takes for the 7 foot putt. Sure, you are hitting it straight, but I was worried I might start crushing putts past the hole. So, I started putting from the 7 foot mark to the 3 foot mark trying to get the ball to stop on the number, and then varied it up more. This way I was still hitting it straight and getting a better feel for 2, 3, 4, and ~5 foot putts.

Also, the ball never gotten stuck in the hole. It has returned every time.
on September 12, 2012
A little pricey for what you get, but it works. Ball comes back 99 times out of 100. If you're looking for a game try elswhere. It is very forgiving of hard hit balls so, yes, you can put the ball in the hole nearly every time if that's what you're looking for. But, if you want to work on your stroke and build muscle memory it works fine. Given that it already has a slope in front of the hole I try for just dropping the ball in the hole. If it hits the back of the hole it was hit too hard and I adjust my stroke accordingly.
on August 24, 2016
Best Putting Training Aid!!

I have struggled with putting consistently and have purchased numerous putting aids over the years. This is without a doubt the best $$ I have ever spent on any golf training aid. I use it for about an hour once or twice a week while I am watching TV at night and I can't believe how much better I am putting. From feet and closer I am almost automatic on the course now. Buy it now.
on August 27, 2016
I was in the market for a new putting green for the office since the old one was pretty beat up. I came across several fairly priced options, with the one most similar to the old putting green being listed here on Amazon as well. After reading the reviews, it gave me flash backs of the same problems we'd already have with the current green; it wrinkled up easily, the end of the green wouldn't stay down for extended putts, and the felt material was cheap and creased up pretty easily.

I continued through the list and eventually came across this putting green. The only problem was the price tag was about 3 times as much as the cheaper, lower rated option I had looked at. After reading the reviews, I hesitated the purchase because of the $60 price. One day when I was daydreaming again, I saw it was $50 and decided it was time!

Upon arrival, the green is rolled up in a nice box. The mat is actually fairly thick and feels of good quality. Because of it being rolled up, it had a couple of lumps when it was unraveled, which a majority of the lumps flattened out within a couple hours, while the ending of the runway took about a day. After sitting, it is completely flat and has a nice ball roll.

The ball return works very well, also. It is extremely convenient and consistently returns the ball to the 7 foot mark where I usually stand.

Pros:

Good quality all around
Nice ball return

Cons:

Incline on the ramp to the hole is a tiny bit steep (really not that bad, this is almost nitpicking)
My productivity at work has slightly decreased ;)

I'd recommend this putting green.
on January 13, 2016
Purchase this putt putt game for inventory for a party rental company that my husband and I own and operate. For only paying $50 when other competitors are selling sturdier putt putt games for about $500 this option is definitely worth the money. I don't expect it to last as long as a heavier option though but it is a good starter to see how people like it. My husband and I practiced with it and it works very well. The ball return goes together nicely and actually works. The only negative is that the putting green has creases in it from being rolled up in the box. We hope that after use and putting sandbags on it to flatten it crease/roll shape will come out.
Please keep in mind this is not five star heavy duty quality but for $50 it is definitely worth the price and deserves five stars
review image review image
on June 13, 2013
I first bought an electronic ball mat and return at Target. It was super cheap! The mat was bent in quite a few spots from being folded in the box. After 4 days of trying to see if the bumps would go away--they didn't--so I returned the product and then bought the SKLZ accelerator pro ball retun putting mat through Amazon. It works great! The artifiicial grass mat was rolled up in the box and settled down within a day or two. No problem with bumps! They are all gone. The mat is made of a very good quality artificial turf.. I am happy with the purchase and my husband loves practicing his putting using it! So glad I returned the other one and bought this one.
on November 27, 2014
Really good set up great for practice in the house any time very convenient. Ball comes back pretty nicely however the white paint on the green carpet is raised slightly so putts that are slightly off line come back to center as it goes down the line. It makes it really hard to miss. I tried sanding off the white paint so it is just a hint of the white paint left. That seemed to help though it still isn't perfect.
on May 2, 2013
I must be taking crazy pills, or I received a defective unit. Most reviews state that the ball return works marvelously - one even states it works 29 out of 30 times. I have had the exact opposite experience. The ball return MAYBE works 1 out of 5 times because the hole is not sloped far enough downward, so the ball literally just sits there in the cup. When it does work its way down the cup, it usually gets stuck where the cup meets the "tunnel" and just sits there. It is very, very, very frustrating. Other than that, I really like the mat. It no doubt will help you get a smoother and more consistent putting stroke. Also, like other reviewers have mentioned, I believe this mat will train you to really over-hit the ball, so once you get out on the course and miss a putt, don't be surprised if you miss by going 5+ feet past the hole. I can get over that - I can't get over the awful ball return. Seriously, the "ball return" (at least mine) really is that bad.

**Update**
I received a second putting mat, and this one's ball return is substantially better. It now properly returns about 9 out of 10 balls as it should, and as somebody in the comments said, the 1 ball it doesn't return can easily be returned when you hit a second ball in. At that point, they both typically return. I brought the other mat into work, and we can consistently make 4 balls into the hole - literally at a time - with none of them returning. Clearly, that first mat must have been slightly defective.

Upping my rating to 4 stars with this much better experience.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.