Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 10 reviews
on April 17, 2017
Ironclad Devotion is another winner from Jami Gold! I devoured this book, just like I did with Treasured Claim and Pure Sacrifice earlier this year.

The short version - Keeping promises is really really important. Not just promises to kids (althouh those are critical), but keep all your promises.

The characters in this story were well drawn and believable, as well as being hugely likable (or hate-able) due to their actions during the story. The settings were well drawn and easy to picture...

Other highlights... yummy showers, much better magical zoo trip than in the Mary Poppins book,generally great interactions between Fire Fairy and the animal kingdom, magic that all felt organic and real, consequences for decisions we make. I wish that the iron Dragon that Zac had made for Emily had come into play again in the climax (or somewhere).

Oh, and having your face melted off is still too good for some people.

This book wasn't quite as prone to make me go wake up hubby, but the sexy scenes were well written and quite hot. (blushes).

Highly Recommended!
on June 27, 2017
Usually, paranormal or fantasy romance stories are just pure entertainment for me. But this book added another level to that with all of the fascinating and interesting details of blacksmithing, the Bikers Against Child Abuse organization, the psychology of how to help an abused kid, the foster care system, and Arizona's crazy desert setting. Jami Gold must have done a crap ton of research and it paid off because this book is amazing. Beautifully written with ample emotions, complex characters, imaginative fantasy world-building, and a perfectly woven romance.
on November 28, 2015
No cookie cutter is being used by Jami Gold and her muse to create excellent reads. What do I mean? While her four "mythos legacy" books are, as the word 'mythos' implies, about creatures from myths and legends, each has a different type of heroine and hero, and each features a different type of myth or legend. This is not a series in which the same old tropes and themes get recycled if a first book is successful. (By the way, this also means that each book is a standalone gem.)

If you have just stumbled across Jami Gold's books, I should tell you how I found her books: A writer whose work I enjoyed mentioned in her blog that she'd received creative writing advice from Jami Gold. Ms. Gold has the writing mojo to go with her creativity. Her characters have the quality defined by the term "agency." They make things happen. The are far from TSTL (too stupid to live).

The book is erotic without being lewd. (Hope that doesn't turn off potential readers at either of the ends of the human sexuality spectrum.) Romantic, without sap.

Sorry, Ms. Gold, but I must pan - pun intended - one thing: I've liked your book covers. Readers are creatures of the mind; we play out the stories we read in our heads, filling in the details we need. In my (male) mind, Kira is way more vivacious and beautiful than the cover woman. Just saying.

I always add a disclaimer. For Ironclad: I don't know the author, although I have sent her writing blog a few emails; I wasn't asked to review the book and I didn't receive a free copy in exchange for a review. I reviewed it because I highly recommend it.
on November 9, 2015
I've followed Jami's blog for a while and out of curiosity, downloaded the free sample she was offering when this book came out. It was only supposed to satiate my curiosity for what her fiction was like but after reading the sample, I couldn't stop wondering what happened next in the story and got the entire book. Admittedly, I'm a reluctant reader in the sense that I'm not always very open to reading new books or new authors (out of fear of being disappointed) and what's more, I don't typically read romance, but I sped through the entire book in one night. Jami's writing is fast-paced, compelling, and her characters are interesting, complex people all with their own issues that we can relate to. Definitely looking forward to reading more of Jami's work!
on December 9, 2015
I've been a fan of Jami's blog for years. She's very knowledgeable when it comes to the industry, but I had never read her fiction until now.
I'm so glad I can finally add her novels to my keeper shelf.
Her story telling ability is top notch. It kept me turning the pages well into the morning (had to be up early, but I simply couldn't put Ironclad down) I love how real her characters seem. They speak and act with deep emotion that jumps from the page, snares you and doesn't let go. And her world building talent blows my mind.
I am looking forward to reading the other books in this series, and hope to continue to read Jami Gold's works for many years to come.
on November 1, 2015
My favorite Jami Gold book to date. Her others were awesome, too. Great characters, strong heroine and one heck of a romance. Can't wait for her next book!
on January 22, 2016
Wow another good story. Can't wait to hear what happens next. Hope more about Kira and Zac. I want the Unicorns to be friends also.
on May 28, 2016
Couldn't stop reading until I finished it.
on November 14, 2015