YED Save up to 90% on textbooks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Shop for your business Starting at $39.99 STEM Valentines Day STEM Shop Popular Services nerdculture nerdculture nerdculture  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Beat the Cold with Outdoor Clothing on Amazon NYNN

Size: 1 Gallon|Change

Showing 1-10 of 441 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 524 reviews
on November 15, 2014
Nutiva coconut oil is great. We've been using it for years. Until recently, all we used was the virgin oil. However, since the price for the virgin oil rose dramatically about a month ago, we started using this cheaper refined oil.

*** Using Nutiva Refined Oil instead of Nutiva Virgin Oil ***

PRO's:
1. It's still USDA Organic
2. It's still Non-GMO
3. It's still High-Quality
4. NO coconut smell or flavor (We were actually getting tired of all of our food having a slight coconut flavor, and the house smelling like coconut, every time we cooked with the virgin oil. Now with the refined oil, all of our food tastes normal again and does not have a coconut scent to it. That being said, this is a huge plus!)

CON's:
1. No coconut smell or flavor (if that's something you want to have, be sure to buy the virgin oil!)
on October 4, 2016
Great stuff! No smell or coconut taste but all benefits (as far as I know)!! Great to cook with. As a former professional chef, I really appreciate the crisping abilities of this over olive oil. I still use O oil, just not for everything anymore. Coconut oil is great for your skin, too! This is my oil of choice, but I have to say "Sorry, Amazon." I buy it for less than half the price at Costco.
on July 26, 2016
I've tried most of the brands they sell on Amazon, and other retailers and this is hands down the best coconut oil I have found. It's perfect quality, no coconut smell or taste, cooks well, and tastes fresh and delicious. And the price point is excellet! I am in a single person household and go through at least one tub of this per month by myself. Unless they stop making this product, it's all I'll ever purchase.
on December 27, 2016
The taste is very neutral and that is what I wanted.

I had to return a Members Mark brand of refined coconut oil to Sams Club because theirs has a very "chemical" taste to it. Nutiva has a very mild, flavorless taste that I wanted for cooking, etc. I can only handle so many days of unrefined coconut oil in my cooking before I get sick of it.

Great price for the amount. My tub had an expiration date that was pretty far out, so it's not like they are selling old stock.
on November 1, 2015
I have used unrefined coconut for years and it never spoils...at least not for a year or so (yes I did have one jar for a few years...I use it up way faster now.) This was my first time using refined coconut oil. It really was a waste of money. I have only had it for 3 months and it smells rancid and looks yellow. I have bought Nutiva coconut oil many times...just not refined and it never spoiled before I finished using it all up. I recommend sticking to the healthier version, unrefined! I am sad that I had put this aside for skin use and so had barely used any of this before it spoiled.
on January 16, 2015
Oops...ordered the wrong thing! I didn't realize this coconut oil was refined when I ordered it. Rather than hassle with the time and cost of sending it back, I decided to keep it. I'm used to using unrefined coconut oil. Compared to the unrefined, this has a more yellow coloring and gritty texture. I will go back to the unrefined when this runs out as I prefer the texture, flavor, color and health benefits of unrefined. If you are looking for a coconut oil that doesn't taste like coconut, this is it - it really doesn't have much flavor at all and NO coconut flavor. I actually prefer the coconut flavor in the unrefined oil.
on June 1, 2015
I'm very pleased with this purchased just note that it's REFINED Coconut Oil. It is advertised properly and states "refined" in the name and description but I was comparing so many different brands and prices and kept looking at different products and overlooked that I was ordering refined. It is tasteless and odorless and is good for most of the same uses, it has been really great for cooking! The product was packaged very well to keep from breaking and was delivered very quickly. I'm very happy with the brand and this purchase.
on April 21, 2016
My advice would be to check the label as soon as you get it. I just realized today - two weeks after using it - that the bottle I got expired in May 2015 (it's now April 2016!). Best to check before you open it so you can send it back if need be. Good luck!
on October 6, 2015
Nice! Much smoother consistency than unrefined and little to no coconut smell or taste. I really wanted this for a less comedogenic (pore clogging) coconut oil option for skin care since unrefined is very highly comedogenic. I never thought I would have to worry about that anymore at 49 years of age but it was causing clogged pores. So far this seems to be working out great.
on August 30, 2015
This product has gone bad before it even got to me. Completely a brown yellow liquid. I've never seen coconut oil this color and it won't go back to a solid. Not good.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.