Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 983 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,560 reviews
on November 26, 2016
Ok, so I was one of the first people to actually purchase one of these. At that time, it was $55. And it was as a birthday gift for my niece, who was having a dinosaur party...and who also LOVE eggs. Easter eggs, real chicken eggs, those Shopkin things. She loves opening them and seeing what's inside. So I was so stoked about being the cool aunt who got her this amazing gift. IT NEVER HATCHED! REPEAT. We had to perform a C-Section. We did everything the directions said. And I could hear a gear noise going on inside it like it was TRYING to hatch, but it DIDN'T hatch. It couldn't turn inside like it was supposed to. So, at the birthday party, I got on Amazon to read reviews, to see if others had helpful hints, only to discover on that day, that almost EVERY SINGLE REVIEW that had come in on October 24 was the same issue. The silly thing won't hatch. I held off on giving a review that day, because I was pretty upset, and felt kind of childish for having been so excited to watch the thing hatch. But today, when a friend of mine posted that these things are now being POACHED, I couldn't keep my mouth shut.....IMAGINE all the Christmas morning disappointment, when the "highlight" gift that Santa brough (and paid $200 for)---won't even perform its most basic function. Buyer beware! I've never written an Amazon review in my life. In fact, I can't recall ever really reviewing much of anything in my life. But I hate the thought of little kids being sad! The toy itself is like a furby---so if that's what you're after----then you'll be happy. (that's why two stars instead of one!)
1616 comments| 653 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 17, 2017
These would be five stars if they were a bit less expensive. I know they are complex to create and build but they are like crack to my daughter. She has two and asks for more on a weekly basis.

Thoughts from a 9 year old: What if you had a Hatchimal that could hatch and then lay an egg that can hatch itself. Sounds fun to me!
on September 20, 2017
Cute toy. I think it's over priced at $75. My daughter enjoyed watching the egg hatch; about 20 mins. She talked about the egg hatching for days afterward and wants another. The toy itself is not the best quality, I expected it to be like a furby but it's definitely not as nice or high tech. My daughter is happy with the toy but I wouldn't buy again.
review image
on November 18, 2016
Cute idea but the ones we ordered never hatched. Defective or maybe a sensor problem. Trying to contact the company for a replacement
44 comments| 152 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 30, 2017
Fast shipping and the few colors needed they had! Didn't want to spend the money (definitely not cheap) but "someone" promised them to a few kids without havinng the money so I was lucky enough to buy them 😉
on May 3, 2017
The kids played with them for probably a month ....don't even see them around the house anymore,probably at the bottom of the toy box ! Should've saved the $$$ ! Are they still alive even ??
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 23, 2017
So Cute! But don't ask me to purchase any more or watch these hatch! I am so tired of Ebay bidding, and buying for others! Way over priced on Ebay and too much price gouging, but when you have to buy, you buy! I must say it's very adorable! My husband said he wanted one, I told him to go get in a line at a store! I would recommend this to others
on March 30, 2017
My daughter loves this toy.
on August 16, 2017
This was purchased for my Granddaughter's birthday. It arrived in good time but I was watching her open it today (28-08-17) on her birthday, she was really upset because it was broken. The egg had already cracked and had a hole in it and the batteries inside were burnt out and extremely hot.

My Daughter is going to contact the seller in the hope that they will replace it.

I am upset because I ordered it from England as I could not be with her on her birthday (she is in Texas).
on June 25, 2017
The Hatchimal is adorable! Ours hatched just as described; it took about 30 minutes. It was very interactive in the egg, and also once it was hatched. I would say though, that the interaction requirement would be better suited to children ages 10 and up.