YED Save up to 90% on textbooks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Valentines Day STEM Shop Popular Services Gleason Gleason Gleason  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Go Explore Outdoor Recreation on Amazon NYNN

89%
11%

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(Verified Purchases). Show all reviews
on May 30, 2016
If you are deciding whether to get this book or not because you are unfamiliar with the author, let me recommend you to watch a YouTube video of Atreya Thomas interviewed by Rick Archer of Buddha at the Gas Pump. When you do and if you feel resonated with what he has to say like I did, then making the buying decision will really be a no brainer.

I’m a regular audience of Eckhart Tolle, Adyashanti, and Marianne Williamson’s spiritual teachings. Atreya’s words in the interview and in this book speak to me just like the words of the aforementioned spiritual teachers do. I come to appreciate that there are not separate teachings, but they are talking about the one universal spiritual truth, albeit using different words and pointers.

Here, Atreya is not telling you something new or something you haven’t heard before. But he is telling the universal spiritual truth from his experience, using his own vocabulary and his own framework that made me say, “Well, why wasn’t I told this before?” Well, of course I was told before, but I now see it anew.

Do yourself a favor, take the time to watch the interview on YouTube and then you can determine if his words speak to you or not. I’m so grateful to have connected to Atreya’s work that I want to share what’s invaluable to me with you.
on May 28, 2016
For those of us who have tasted the Divine and feel keenly the identity "gap" between our ego-doing and our Divine BE-ing, that disconcerting gap between the "conceptual" and the "non-conceptual," Atreya Thomas's own BE-ing provides pure teaching and clear pointers towards self-realization. The question/answer format is both classic and accessible, and veiled Truth becomes more transparent. This is a book for study as well as an inspiration to the one who would realize and know, always and everywhere, what she or he, as an ego in the world, has been seeking. Here is a quote, one among many that I found both practical and enlightening: "If a teaching diversifies, then it is useless. Any real teaching should lead to a non-dual realization and direct the aspirant to the recognition that she is already what she is seeking and therefore the need to acquire anything is an illusion. You already are what you are seeking. You need only turn towards the Eternal." (page 59). Atreya Thomas is a beacon of light, of authority, and of humility: "There is no difference between the teacher and disciple. Differences lie in the illusion of form. A very thin layer of form is the only veil that keeps awareness from seeing itself in all objects. The reality experienced through the senses is experienced by whom? A light that illuminates an object does not depend on the object. What illuminates the light? The light is self-illuminated; it depends on nothing yet illuminates all." (page 76). Atreya Thomas writes: "Don't ask: 'How can I be free from the body and the mind?' The 'how' only lead [sic] you deeper into concepts. You are already free from the body and the mind. But rather, ask: 'Who am I in spite of the body and mind.' Is it possible to just hold on for one second and just look--just be without these two for one second? Be diligent and see the question through, even if it takes two hundred years." (page 77). This enlightened teacher, upon being asked "What is the highest form of devotion?" responds: "The highest form of devotion is stillness. All diversity takes place in an unimpressionable, singular, unchanging space. You are that space, observing phenomena. Your commitment to the Source and not to the details is the highest form of devotion." (page 77). What I presently take from this statement is that devotion is a practice of single pointedness. Having experienced a sudden and life-changing kundalini awakening in 2014, I am a serious student of self-realization and am learning to BE. As part of my "journey," I read many books about spirituality, awakening, and self-realization, and I cherish this book as yet another beautiful expression of the One. I am grateful for what it is teaching me, grateful for its call to single-minded devotion.
on November 12, 2016
I follow Atreya on Facebook and his writing is absolutely gorgeous. He is clear, crisp and to the point and his pointers are all directed to true awakening (circumventing all the spiritual fluff). The only other writer I can compare him to is Adyashanti. Every single sentence is directed to true awakening. If true awakening is what you seek, this is the guy. I can't wait to read this book.
on May 14, 2016
For people who are ready this very readable book contains a powerful message, delivered in short statements, that have the power to still the mind and point us to awakening.
on October 28, 2016
Very clear written.
on January 1, 2017
This book is basically poetry that has no real insight into spiritual matters. The author attempts to sound graceful and enlightened, but the words are essentially empty.
on December 15, 2016
Coming in contact with Atreya's direct and loving teachings has kindled the fire of my devotion. I feel blessed for his presence in my life.
on December 31, 2016