Top positive review
Orijen gets it RIGHT!
Reviewed in the United States on December 30, 2017
I regularly write a blog about the kinds of pet foods people should avoid, the marketing scams and sneaky ways the pet food industry—with the permission of our government—con and deceive consumers about what ingredients they include and where these ingredients come from.
Happily, the makers of Origen have all the right ingredients, truthful marketing and transparency in place. In this 4-lb bag for dogs, 85% is protein from chicken, turkey, eggs and 3 kinds of wild-caught fish. The other 15% is grain free and NO high-glycemic fillers. The package contains the names of local sources where these ingredients come from, unlike many companies who outsource products and processes to other countries. Further, and this is REALLY important, each bag breaks down the percentage of each protein ingredient so that you can tell how much animal protein your dog is getting. I have seen other competitors’ “wholistic chicken and pea” kibble, the entire protein content was only 36% and it was mostly pea protein(I had to call the company and get transferred all over before someone would reveal the secret formula).
Orijen gets it ALL right and should be the business model for other pet food companies. (And no, I am not affiliated with Orijen nor am I receiving any compensation. I am a devoted animal lover who hates the fraud and manipulation being done at the expense of our animal companions).