Industrial Deals Prime Book Box Our favorite denim: shop women's jeans nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc AWOLNATION Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo All-new Show Mode Charging Dock Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on March 26, 2017
Need vacuum with motorized carpet head to pick up long white hair from my 2 Great Pyrenees dogs. The suction is exceptional on this vacuum, best of any brand I have ever used, from cheap to expensive. It DOES NOT throw anything out the back onto my feet from carpet or bare floor as every previous vacuum has, very important. It does suck up throw rugs, so I have to stand on them as I vacuum. All my floors are hardwood with a few large carpets. The only issue that I have with it so far is the amount of dog hair that stays on the roller brush. When I used it at the highest level, which sucked up an enormous amount of dirt, the roller was jam packed with hair. It didn't seem to affect its performance, but I did stop to clear the brushes frequently. When I used it at the first level not as much hair stuck to the brushes. However at this level it took many more passes over the carpet to get all the hair. The cup is small, but I knew that when I purchased it. Each time I emptied the cup there was not much dog hair in it, but it was full of dirt.
It is lightweight and self propelled and I have to hold it tight to keep it from racing across the floor. This is not a bad thing since I have been struggling with a heavy non self propelled Bissell Smart Clean upright for the past few years, which I thought did a great job, but this Shark is way better.
If anyone has a solution for the hair sticking on the brushes, I would appreciate hearing from you.
review image
466 people found this helpful
|99 comments|Report abuse
on February 6, 2018
I bought this as a Christmas gift for myself and loved it, worked great on my wood floors dual rollers vacuum and dusts at once. Then today I was vacuuming my floors and I smelled a slight burnt rubber smell and the fuzzy roller wasn’t working. I figured it was a broken belt but couldn’t find where to change it so I got out the manual and checked troubleshoot section which said call customer service. I did. I explained what happened and he said it was a faulty vacuum head and it should be returned to the place of purchase. He said if had been bought through the company they would just send me a replacement head but since I hadn’t I would need to return to place of purchase.YAY! I bought it on amazon no problem,right? WRONG! Amazon says the return deadline was January 31 today is February 6!! Less than a week! Amazon refers me to shark customer service (who had referred me to them) what total BS! $200 for a vacuum that lasted less than 60 days and no one will take responsibility. What makes me so sad and sick is that I REALLY LOVED this vacuum! But due to poor quality and horrible customer service on both fronts (amazon and shark) I will have to look elsewhere for a new vacuum
212 people found this helpful
|99 comments|Report abuse
on October 13, 2016
This vacuum has exceeded every expectation I'd had for it. I'd had an old (OLD) heavy canister vac that worked ok but literally weighed like 50lbs and one weekend tried my mom's original shark and thought it was great- light weight and maneuverable, but that it lacked power on rugs and the cup was absurdly small. When I read about this one on Shark's website it seemed to have addressed those concerns and then some. Since receiving it I've become that annoying friend tells you way too much about her vacuum and why you NEED TO GET ONE NOW.
I have mostly hardwood with large area rugs- it is so easy to switch from the different power levels. The different tools and power-head options mean that if I see a hard to reach dust bunny, I easily switch to a mode that grabs it without a pause. I used it the other day in my kitchen and I was getting crumbs out of drawers, dirt from the floor, and cobwebs from above cabinets without having to move from where I was standing. The suction is incredible for the size- the power head propels itself across the rug. I am vacuuming more than I ever did before because it's so simple to use and I've noticed a marked difference in how clean my house is. It blows my mind each time I empty the dust cup to know what was lurking in my rugs. The hand tools work well and you can clip two of them onto the vac itself (I'd like to have been able to have all 3 but it's a small unit- not much space to put anything else). If you are using it and need to stand it up you just pop the top off and it sits on the power head. You can also store it like this or hang it from the included hook. The dust cup could still be a bit bigger (I empty it about twice per floor of house), but again, that would add weight and bulk. Super easy on stairs and the long cord means you rarely switch outlets.
Like, seriously, I'm a little too excited about this thing. Buy it. You will become a happier, vacuuming maniac like me and end up talking way too much about it to your friends.
**Update: 1/3/16** So still love the vacuum- one design flaw, however: there is a sprocket (doo-hickey?) that holds the roller brush in place, that on my vac would eventually get hair/thread wrapped around itself and require me to dig it out. This sprocket (the red one on one side of the roller brush bushings) does not come off and in fact, when my uncle tried to unscrew it with a star shaped screw driver, it snapped, essentially breaking the floor attachment. I called Shark to inquire about purchasing a new floor attachment, explaining why we'd try to remove the piece but owning that it was my fault the piece had broken, and they immediately told me to send the WHOLE thing back and they would mail me a new unit. I repeated that it was really only the floor brush but they insisted on sending a new vac because they would like to "take a closer look at why it broke". They paid return and new postage and I should have the unit this week per my fed-ex tracking number. I'd almost shave off a star due to the piece being prone to clogging but inaccessible to cleaning, but this level of customer service is a rare bird these days and they've got my business. I'm hoping the new vac will have a tighter-fitting sprocket so that the issue is solved. Very pleased with the treatment I got. **Also, seeing some reviews saying it's noisy- I have not found it to be so. In fact, when I first plugged it in my 5 year old, used to my old behemoth, plugged his ears and then after a few moments took his fingers out and said "Oh, this vacuum is quieter!". So take that for what it's worth.
470 people found this helpful
|88 comments|Report abuse
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
There are so many SharkNinja vacuums on the market that it can be hard to determine which one is the right one. As for myself, I purchased the Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional (NV356E) on Prime Day several months back, and have since then tested and reviewed two more. This Rocket Complete makes my forth SharkNinja vacuum. Unlike the other three, this one isn’t a standard upright vacuum, in fact, it can’t stand upright on its own at all. The motor and dust cup are too heavy at the top of the handle for the base to support it. If you need to change outlets or reach for a new accessory, you’ll have to lay it down. That said, thankfully, SharkNinja was smart enough to include a hanger bracket for storing. But of course, that means drilling into your wall. Ultimately, this Rocket Complete relates more to the Dyson Absolute Cord-Free Vacuum than the Shark Navigator. Of course, there’s one huge difference between this and the Dyson. The cord. Personally, I’d have liked to see this unit without a cord as well -- if only for the ease of maneuverability -- but at half the price of the Dyson, there is some room for forgiveness.

Other than having the cord in the way when vacuuming, it’s also annoying having to completely unwind it from the shaft before you can separate any of the parts. What I mean is -- for example -- if you want to remove the handheld vacuum from the wand (leaving the floor nozzle attached to the wand), you’ll have to unravel the cord first. The cord wraps and holds all the pieces together, which makes quick release a bit slower. One thing you do gain by the cord is more power. The Shark Rocket Complete has 600 Watts while the Dyson V8 Absolute Cord-Free only has 115 Watts. Another thing you gain is the absence of typical battery issues, such as it not having enough charge when you need it most, or wearing out over time.

Keep in mind that this vacuum is a compact solution. The motorized floor nozzle is about 2” shorter in width than the upright Shark Rotator Lift-Away Speed (NV601). You can clean your entire house with the Rocket Complete, but I don’t recommend it; will take you much longer. (Not to mention the small dust cup fills up fast.) I find it’s best for cleaning up quick messes. I also find it’s awesome to use on stairs. While the NV601 detaches for easy stair cleaning, you still have to lug around the base (which can be awkward and in the way). With the Rocket Complete, the base is part of the handle so it’s not in the way; thus makes cleaning stairs twice as fast -- and because the floor nozzle is smaller, it’s just the right size for each step.

There is also an interesting arsenal of accessories you won’t find on the uprights. From the Under-Appliance Wand to the Hair-Removal Tool. While the latter is really a simple hooked razor blade, it’s conveniently located just above the brushrool (and I find I take it out to use on my other vacuums; works better than a scissors). And while the Under-Appliance Wand was too thick to fit under my stove and washing machine, it can get into tough places that other tools cannot. I also like the TruePet Mini Motorized Brush; it can be used on furniture and does a great job of reaching into my dog’s kennel; can clean pet hair out of the pad without having to remove it.

I found that the floor nozzle works decent on non-carpeted surfaces, such as tile, but not quite as well as Shark’s Dust-Away Hard Floor Attachment found on other models. It’ll pick up most things on the hard surface, but might kick a few things up too. The nice part is that the light in the front makes locating small debris easier.

There are two brush speeds for the motorized floor nozzle. The first has a soft spin and the second a much faster one. When the faster mode is on, I find that I have to fight the vacuum a bit. It pulls and tugs my arm, trying to move forward more quickly than I want it to. But at the same time, it’s doing a mean job at beating debris out of the carpet. So it’s effective.

Another nice use of this vacuum is that you can turn it into a small handheld vac. Makes cleaning tight and confined places a simple task, such as the seats of your car.

Overall, I do like this vacuum. Personally, for a compact solution I’d have preferred no cord, but it does work well, especially for cleaning up small messes and stairs.

Note on support: On one of my SharkNinja vacuums (not this one), it arrived with a broken dust cup. I called Shark’s support number and the rep was able to send me a replacement dust cup free of charge. It took maybe 20 minutes over the phone, providing serial number (located on the plug) and order details, but overall I was happy with their service (7 days later the replacement part arrived in the mail).
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
567 people found this helpful
|66 comments|Report abuse
on July 12, 2017
This is the real deal. IN fact my wife calls it my new girlfriend, because I like it so much. In fact, we are spending a lot of time together. Over the last 5 years and again this year ... we got new carpet installed in our > 5000 SF home ... which is about half hardwoods and half carpet ... but the new carpet was thicker, certainly very nice, but the old Hoover got bogged down in it ... and even our long time sharp (similar to a classic panasonic vac) all struggled trying to get through it. We had to find a vacuum that could handle the carpet, and we did !!!

During my exhaustive research of vacuums, reading all the reviews both good and bad ... it seemed almost all of them tended to do poorly in the high pile / plush carpet ... but this one finally stood out. In fairness, this, and the minimalist Oreck Magnesium. I checked out consumer reports and this one has the highest rating of all the stick vacuums and also higher than any of the uprights, which I was used to using. So I decided to try out the shark instead of the Oreck because it looked a lot more versitile and similarly lightweight.

So when our shark arrived, which is the latest 2017 HV382 (basically a HV380 with $99 additional true pet attachments kit). I have used the true pet motorized attachment on the stairs and found it to be average (I prefer the main sweeper head instead) ... but when I used the truepet attachment in the car -- I found it to perform exceptionally well. I then switched to the combo crevice tool and it worked great on the places I could not reach ... and in no time, my wife' minivan floors looked so clean.

Now I'll admit, out of the box I was surprised how LITTLE this vacuum is, even the main motorized brush unit. So my wife and I were both pretty skeptical that this little vac could handle our over 5000 SF home and its mix of hardwoords, throw rugs, and both low and a lot of newer high pile plush carpeting. Even consumer reports seem to indicate that most vacuums didn't handle the high pile plush stuff well.

So I went straight to work on the carpet test ... trying it out first on an IKEA throw rug which was thick green shag ... and wow, it worked great. I did use the 1 setting and not the 2 (higher power) setting. When you use the 1 setting, the brushes spin slower, but suction is still 100%.

So then to our brand new carpet in the living room and office ... worked awesome there also !

Then downstairs to our very high end carpet frieze carpet -- and it handled it great also. I was used the 2 setting on everything except the super thick throw rugs. All worked great.

I found doing the steps very easy -- this thing weighs so little, that its easy to do the stairs using various configuration of the vac ... depending on how much or how little you want to carry. Every using the main brush, this thing is super easy on the stairs to use.

One last thing, the DUOCLEAN thing -- it's probably my favorite feature. Its a little roller at the front of the main vacuum brush attachment and it sucks stuff right off the hardwoods like you can't believe! I also found it seems to work quite well on stairs, getting the stuff between the floor and the riser that you can never get with any vacuum I've every owned, till now!

The last thing that totally rocks on this vac -- is the ease of getting to the beater brush to remove hair. This is so well engineered I just enjoy using it, gross as that sounds.

The lights on both the main unit and the beater brush part -- work great and allow you to vacuum in the car or dark rooms without any lights on. Its awesome actually how well those led lights work.

The unit is easy to empty out, does get fairly full fairly fast .. .but wow, its so well designed that you don't get very dirty emptying it ... which was a concern of mine, but they made it super easy to dump over a trashcan and move on ... no more bags ever !!

This is the real deal. I found you can get it online sometimes without the true pet motorized head ... saves like $100 ... but the true pet is a good attachment, so probably worth it in the end.
review image
47 people found this helpful
on March 11, 2017
Had about 2 weeks. We have a 1500 sq.ft. house with mostly hardwood floors, some carpet. I was a little concerned it might not be "enough" vacuum for us, but it works out just fine. Replaced a Riccar RSL4. This Shark is VERY light (about 9 pounds). It's very versatile – it's easy to use as a hand vacuum (which is the vacuum power element) with many supplied tools, and then use as a stand up vacuum for carpets and hardwood floors. Excellent on both, especially hardwood floors; gets the little stuff with 2 motor settings. Great for cars and boats, etc. It is relatively quiet - you can talk on the phone if it is near. CONS-- If you are sensitive to dust you probably won't like this vacuum. The stuff that gets vacuumed goes into a "cup" (their term), you unsnap it, take it to a garbage can, open it up and dump it. There is no bag. For me, it's okay, but some will not like this dusty procedure. You easily attach (snap in) the motor at the top of the power floor (rug) attachment. It's very easy to take on and off, but when it's attached it cannot stand upright by itself like a regular floor vacuum. The weight of motor head tips it over. If you leave it attached you have to lay it down. However, it's not as bad as it sounds. You can disconnect the motor head and they have a way to attach it just above the floor power head so that it will holster and stand compactly. It's a little hard to describe, much simpler to see it. Another thing, if you have a bad back and can't bend over a lot, this probably isn't the best vac for you; it requires more bending than a typical upright vacuum. Overall, we're very pleased and recommend it highly. Consumer Reports says the frequency of repair is very low compared to others. They rated the Shark highly which is why we bought it. Frankly, I'm glad I don't have to keep buying vacuum bags anymore and I like the versatility and light weight. It comes with a bunch of tools to use for narrow suction, vacuuming drapes, a brush head, etc. Get the model that comes with the POWER brush head for the hand vacuum. That means when you vacuum your car you actually have a powered spinning vacuum head #2 - one for the floor standup vac and the other for use with the hand vac.
185 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on December 12, 2016
Finally! This was the third vacuum I purchased and the first one that performed as advertised. After our Dyson died a second time, I decided to purchase a vacuum that would better suit our family's needs.
My must have list was:
-easily maneuvered or light weight(ish): I have an old wrist injury which doesn't bother me unless I do something crazy to it like push a 30lb vacuum for an hour.
-performs well on hardwood floors and oriental rugs
-doesn't break/clog/gasp/or quit when it encounters my dog's or my long hair

I kind of thought the Shark was gimmicky and didn't consider it at first (who knows why), but it really does everything it says:
-It's super light weight
-thoughtfully designed (controls right on the handle! attachments that work and solve cleaning problems I didn't know I had!)
-POWERFUL - I feel like it just leads me to the dirt rather than me tugging it along
-Works great as upright, handheld, or extended wand.
-Lights the way (a feature I didn't know I needed until I tried, but clearly do!)
-Solves the hair getting wrapped around problem by putting a handy little razor right next to the brush (a breeze to clean out, though obviously doesn't solve the problem of the hair getting stuck there in the first place)
-Great for stairs and under furniture
-Great on hardwood floors and fancy rugs. For the rugs' fringe I just use the wand attachment rather than the brush.
-Easy to dump canister in garbage and don't need a chopstick to unclog the darn thing like on other vacuums!

No it won't stand up with the motor attached to the top, but one click and it's off and easily slides onto the wand to stand up. I find this pretty effortless, and it doesn't bother me at all as it seemed to other reviewers.

Also, after my first two failed vacuum attempts, I went straight to Shark's customer service team to tell them what I was looking for and ask which product would be best. I received quick and excellent customer service, and they clearly steered me in the right direction based on the info I gave them. I'd recommend that approach for anyone deciding between models!

For anyone interested, the failed vacuums were: 1. the Bissell canister - didn't even work on one room the first time without clogging and needing 20mins of digging dirt out with a chopstick to get suction back. 2. the Bissell pet hair eraser (recommended by Bissell who told me that the canister wasn't for people with long hair (what?!?)) - SO clunky and cumbersome. It was a nightmare on wheels to try and vacuum with. I'm in good shape and in my early 30s and I was totally exhausted by the thing.
101 people found this helpful
on March 8, 2018
After only 1 month of light use, the brush drive made a grinding noise, the red light came on, and brush stopped. Something had gotten so hot that it melted through the side of the lower unit, and when I pulled out the brush, it's driveshaft was at an angle. After calling Shark, and going through the process them recording all the information, I was informed that they would offer me the lower unit that has the brush, for half price. I asked why do you want to charge me when the thing is still under warranty? They said that only the motor is covered. Will never buy their products again!!!

Update - I had originally bought 2 of these units, back in February, and the optional pet hair attachment for each. My 2nd one developed the same problem as the first, in that the drive for the brushes melted right through the outer shell, and the brush axle is now warped. This is obviously a design flaw, that Shark is continuing to ignore, and still states they will only warrant the main motor. I will never buy their cheap China crap again!!!
45 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on September 16, 2017
 Love, love, love this vacuum! I have my own house cleaning business and have cleaned for years. I've used a lot of different vacuums over the years and this is my favorite. It's lightweight, powerful, and has many features packed into one easy to use package.
I've had this vacuum for almost a year now and it still works just as good as the day I bought it. Now you might not think that's a big deal, but when you consider I use it on average 4 days a week, 1-2 houses a day, and I clean the entire square footage (2000-5000 sq ft) with this vacuum, that's a lot of use. The average household vacuums once a week, so that's 52 times a year. I'm vacuuming an entire house with this vacuum an average of 6 times a week. So that's 6x52= 312 weeks. That would equal 6.5 years of use! Pretty impressive in this day of cheaply made equipment that's meant to break quickly so you have to buy another to replace it.
I do take care of it so it will last as long as possible. I bought extra filters, so I clean and replace the filters after I'm done with each house. And this really should be done if you have any pets or children. It filters very well!
I used to use a micro fiber dry mop to clean hardwood floors. There would always be some hair left over when I went to mop and it would really irritate me. I will never go back the that after using this vacuum. It has the little red roller in the front which is like a microfiber or velvety material. It picks up baby powder off shiny tile floors perfectly! Not a speck of dust left. Pet hair is no longer a pain in the butt. Sucks it up off carpet, hard floors, upholstery and anything else it is stuck to with ease.
It has so much power that some of my customers were shocked by how much dirt I got out of their carpets after using this vacuum compared to using their vacuum. Their vacuums are considered high quality vacuums like, Dyson, Electrolux, Rainbow, Miele, and built in house vacs (the worst). Several of my customers and friends have now bought this vacuum after I showed them all the features and how awesome it is. Only someone who cleans houses or has pets would get this excited over a vacuum. ;-)
It has a long cord that easily reaches through most rooms with cord to spare. The cord is instantly unwound by just rotating the top plastic piece that you wind it up on. I have not once sucked up the cord into the vac but I have accidentally caught a few iPhone cords and it automatically shuts off the roller brush once it detects something like that.
I've posted a very real life (beat up, no longer shiny and new) video of this vacuum. This particular house has 4 dogs who shed. I took video on their dark green carpet that's in their theater room because it really shows the pet hair and how well this vacuum takes care of it. As you can see in the video, the upholstery attachment removes dog hair better than any other vacuum I've used. If you are removing long pet hair or a lot of human hair than you can expect to have to reach in to dislodge the hair from the waste cup. As far as how often you have to empty the cup, it totally depends on how dirty your house is. In this house which has 4 dogs and two kids, I carry a trash bag from room to room with me and empty it after every room. I clean this house every two weeks and for the most part they don't vacuum in between my visits. Another house I clean every two weeks is a single woman (no pets) and about 3000 sq ft and I only empty it once after cleaning the whole house. She only sweeps the kitchen in between my visits.
If you notice that the vacuum is not pulling or running in a straight line on the carpet correctly, then flip it over and remove the red brush to clean out the hair (shown in video). That red brush is the best part of this vacuum because it makes cleaning hard floors a breeze. Nothing gets spit out the back and if it is then you have it on the wrong setting (shown in video). The ease with which you can clean the beater brush is awesome and makes me want to kiss the designer of this feature! Pop off the top, pull out the brush, and use the handy razor they provide that's built in the top to cut the debris away. The only negative about that is the razor gets dull very fast. But it still works and makes my life so much easier.
As for the attachments, the vac comes with an attachment that attaches (ha!) to the side of the metal pole that separates the head from the engine. I always kept the angled tip that has an angled brush tip also built onto it (shown in video) on one side of the attachment. One the other I kept the flat brush tip. I don't have them attached to my vacuum any more because this piece broke from so much repeated use. It's just made of plastic and definitely needs to be reinforced. Actually it needs to be redesigned, it's not easy to put the brushes back on without two hands and a little finagling. The same goes for removing the attachments, that's why it broke so easily. The vacuum in the video belongs to the customer whose house I'm cleaning, she bought the vac after I showed her how great it was, so I wouldn't have to use my own. Yes, she's pretty awesome too! But you can see this attachment in the video.
It is very easy to remove and reattach the pole from the head and the pole from the engine compartment. If you take the pole off completely you can attach any of the pieces to the engine compartment for a shorter vacuuming experience. It's very convenient to attach the rollerbrush head to the engine compartment without the pole and use it on stairs, the brush works and everything. And if you're extremely short this would also be useful. :-D

I would love to try the ionflex cordless for my own home but am afraid of it not having enough power and I hate returning things. So I'm waiting for more reviews on it and it's price to come down. If I do, I will post a review for it also.
31 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on December 27, 2016
I have an older rocket that still works just fine and honestly only bought this because of the roll in front of the brush roll. I didn't know about the other new features this one has. I am loving the other new features and it works better than my old one. My old one vacuuming on hard floors didn't really work that well, this one on hard floors is amazing. It picked up flour off the kitchen floor and glitter off of carpet as well as the kitchen floor.
39 people found this helpful