Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on March 7, 2017
These crackers are simply AMAZING. I've tried every type of healthy/gluten-free cracker, and nothing compares to the purity and taste of Yucan Crunch from Mission Heirloom. I follow the Autoimmune Protocol, which does not include any grains, legumes, nuts, or seeds, and finding crunchy foods that fit this description is very difficult!

Here is why I have been in LOVE with Yucan Crunch since I first tried them a few years ago:
-They are made from 100% organic, non-GMO yuca fiber, harvested fresh and dried and immediately. Naturally gluten-free, no additives, oils, fillers, or ANYTHING else.
-They are SO CRUNCHY. Especially when you are on an elimination diet and can't have bread or any other grain, it is super hard to get that crunch factor. These crackers are thick and beautifully crunchy!
-They last FOREVER when you buy them in bulk and toast at home. If they get a little stale, just pop them in the oven for a few minutes to toast back up. A perfect "emergency food" to have in your pantry for when you need a snack or a quick meal idea.

Here are some of my favorite ways to use Yucan Crunch crackers:
-Coconut oil and truffle sea salt. Simple, but amazing!
-As a vehicle for bacon-beef liver pate (gotta get those nutrients in!)
-As a base for an AIP "Pizza" (with "nomato sauce", ground meat, and veggies on top!)
-Topped with any type of dip, like guacamole, cauliflower "hummus", olive tapenade, or dandelion pesto!

I even use the crumbs at the bottom of the package to "bread" chicken and shrimp to stir-fry. I love these crackers so much I don't let any bit go to waste! Thanks Mission Heirloom for adding these to Amazon so that I don't have to wait until I am in the Bay Area again to get a fix.
review image
11 comment| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 9, 2017
I was originally apprehensive about ordering these through Amazon after purchasing them directly from the Mission website for so long, but I can honestly say it's a better deal this way. Where it used to cost about $10/bag on the site, the it's now about $6/bag with their new system. You get 4 of these packets (I took several pictures to show the size) and each contains a little bit more chips than what used to come in one bag with the old system. The product itself is great -- I use it for dips, eating sardines, pemmican, etc. & also for salads and breading on chicken. I'm on the autoimmune protocol so I can have very few foods that are chip or bread-like; these are a lifesaver. Instructions & tips for toasting them (only if you want to) are included in the box. Very happy on this better deal for a great product.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
0Comment| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 22, 2017
Thick crackers, don't have a very strong taste but that's perfect for dips etc. They are pourous and soak up liquid and oil, but that was actually nice for when I used it to make a pizza: a cauliflower cheese sauce spread over it softened the top of the cracker a little and made it more pizza-like! I have also eaten with a strong garlic-herb oil as a snack.
on September 24, 2017
When I started the AIP protocol diet, I anticipated feeling grumpy and deprived and very sorry for myself. But I did a little research before I started, and stocked my freezer and pantry. I have not eaten bread, chips or crackers on a regular basis for years now, as grains are to be avoided for health reasons.

I purchased these with a dose of skepticism, because they were made out of something I had never heard of, and because I was in the Poor Me phase of diet planning when I bought them. When they arrived (Quickly, and well packaged!) I opened the paper, broke off a chunk, and started chewing. I spit that in the sink very quickly. And then I noticed the charming and informative instruction sheet! (Photo attached.)

Dragged the toaster oven out of storage, tossed a bread-slice sized piece of this product inside, and pressed the "Toast" Button. When it was done, I drizzled some olive oil on top and sprinkled it with pink Himalayan salt. It was so delicious, I wanted to cry. There is a very satisfying gentle crunch, and the flavor is neutral enough that you could easily go savory or sweet with your toppings. Finally, something besides lettuce wraps to spread with tasty mushy things that are just not satisfying off a spoon! Plus, this is a marvelous vehicle for me to ingest more healthy fats like olive oil, coconut oil and avocado, which are things I should be eating more of but have trouble finding palatable ways to include in my diet.

I can toast some of this up ahead of time and pack it to take with on day-long birding or photo expeditions. Or take it to social occasions where other people are munching on crackers.

Just a small piece at a time satisfies my "grain" cravings. It's another piece in the plan that will help me stay successful as I learn to avoid gluten. Will definitely order more before I run out!
on December 28, 2017
Thank heavens for these crackers. If you follow the AIP diet, you are familiar with the fact that there are virtually NO convenience foods apart from fruits and plantain chips – can't just toss back a handful of nuts and seeds like regular Paleo! – and you feel like you're chained to the kitchen all the time. The fact that I can pack these up with some avocado and sliced turkey and hit the road, and have something delicious and compliant to eat ... I mean I can't stress enough how grateful I am that these exist. I don't even bother toasting them anymore – they're actually fine untoasted, they're kind of parbaked and they're very crunchy. They have a very faint sourdough flavor (though they aren't soured, as far as I know), a little earthy. Very natural product. Maybe if you're used to Ritz crackers it will take a moment to adjust, but I was just so happy to have something go CRUNCH between my teeth that it was all good. They digest easily and don't cause any pimples or inflammation like grains do (in my body, at least).

These have a really handmade feel and I like the uneven texture of them – how some parts are thick and some are thin – and I don't mind that they often come broken up. You can use the crumbs as a topping or to bread meats, every crumb counts. I've also done the Grazed and Enthused recipe that enrobes the crackers in a melted mix of carob powder, coconut butter, and sea salt, it's really good! Just cover, put in the fridge to harden, and eat. Like an AIP Kitkat.

The only *slight* downside is the packaging. I like that it's paper and the presentation all kind of adds to that artisanal feel, but once you open it, it's kind of hard to close back up. The crackers don't really go stale – you feel like you could bring them on a round-the-world ship and they'd last the whole time – but I like when things can be sealed up nicely in the kitchen. Maybe I'll figure out a way to do it.

If you're AIP, grain-free, or just looking for a simple, natural snack product, get these!
on January 31, 2018
I wanted to provide a thorough review because I bought this product based on all the positive, rave reviews and felt it was a disappointing purchase. I have been on the paleo autoimmune diet for years. I take the diet seriously. For carbs, I purchase the following: Paleo on the Go cassava toritillas, Legit cassava bread or I make cassava flour English muffins or plantain crackers which are awesome. I too long for something crunchy. But eating crunchy cardboard with an "off" aftertaste didn't do it for me. Moreover these burn ridiculously easily. My spouse and I both tried carefully putting them in the toaster oven. If you don't leave them in long enough and slightly warm them, they taste horrible. If you step away for a minute, you will come back to FLAMES and a completely burnt to a crisp item. I appreciate how much we all want something to eat that is crunchy and delicious but this didn't work for our family. For $25, I could have made a huge batch of plantain crackers. I am giving it two stars because I do appreciate the effort of the company but want people to have realistic expectations as I am very disappointed with my purchase.
on April 2, 2017
Highly exceeded expectations. Definitely toast it, it totally changes the taste. I'm doing AIP now so haven't been able to try all the ideas they sent with it but avocado and smoked salmon. Soooo delicious. love love love! There's not a lot of cracker/bread alternatives that I would say this about and definitely none that I crave. I'm hooked. Thanks Mission Heirloom!
on June 20, 2017
I found out about these in a Facebook Paleo diet group. I have such a restrictive diet (stomach probs), that it is hard to find things I can safely consume.
These are a godsend. I put them in the broiler for just a sec and they can be used as crackers, or as a pizza crust, seasoned as croutons in salad, for avocado toast, or even in dessert recipes. They don't have a ton of flavor, which makes them versatile. They are a good carrier and compliment to my AIP/Paleo dishes. Thank you.
on March 28, 2017
This has brought a toasty crunch back into my life that makes me so happy. I've been topping it with eggs, avocado, scooping hummus, scooping sauces. I don't have a toaster oven, and a regular toaster will set them on fire apparently, so I've been dry toasting in a pan. I add a tiny bit of ghee or olive oil and it gives it great flavor (it absorbs oil quickly). But I don't have the whole toasting/browning thing down pat. Still working on it. But I am really really loving the options and crunch since going GF!
on February 24, 2017
I've been ordering Mission Heirloom crackers for about a year, and I love this new Toast First product! It's great to be able to have warm "toast" for breakfast. I top mine with avocado for breakfast, olive oil, salt and pepper for a snack, and cashew butter and honey for dessert. It's a very neutral cracker so lots of possibilities, and a life-saver for those of us who can't have traditional store-bought crackers or bread!