Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One ft Vant Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Customer reviews

44%
56%
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$3.99

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 9 reviews
on May 16, 2017
The characters in this book, especially Raquel, drew me in and kept me turning the pages. Overall, the story earns 4.4 out of five stars.
Raquel and Garratt are both soldiers with scars, more internal than external. The look at flashbacks, PTSD and survivor's guilt felt authentic, totally engaging me in the journey for these characters. I'm not as sold on the love story aspect, thought things might have happened a little quickly, but with fiction there are word count restraints. Plus readers complain if it takes too long for the characters to "get together."
I was thrilled to learn this was the first in a spin-off series. The Mythos Legacy books are great but aren't truly tied together in the way most series are (or the way I like my series to be), so it will be fun to follow characters we know and love while being introduced to new ones who will take center stage for their own unfolding love story.
Jami Gold writes quite well and I'm never disappointed when I pick up one of her books.
on May 10, 2017
Stone Cold Heart is the much anticipated fifth book in the Mythos Legacy Series, and from page one I knew it was going to be well worth the wait!

Each of the books in the series is an independent story in it’s own right, a blend of the mythological with the earthly. I read Treasured Claim last year, which I greatly enjoyed, but Stone Cold Heart shows Ms. Gold’s vast imagination and talent at a whole new level.

I was immediately pulled in and anchored by the richly developed protagonist, Raquel Guerrero, a combat veteran who served in Afgahnistan as a Cultural Support Team member attached to a U.S. Army Special Ops unit. Raquel’s job was to venture ahead of her unit into remote villages and gather info from the local women, women who could prove just as dangerous as the men, as she soon found.

Following the attack that stole the lives of the men in her unit and left her near death, Raquel is back home in New York. She’s recovered from her flesh wounds, and has moved out of her bestie’s New York apartment and into her own, but she is now struggling to heal the wounds that can’t be seen -- the PTSD, the survivor’s guilt.

Haunted by another nightmare of the attack that stole her comrades from her, Raquel is at her lowest ebb, and finds the comfort she needs most, in the form of a hunky gargoyle named Garrett, who’s been watching her from his perch outside her window.

Abandoned by his regiment to a life locked in stone, his only hope of freeing himself and finding his brothers is to trick a human female into trusting her soul to him. Don’t want to give too much away here, because there are so many unexpected twists and turns to the plot, but suffice it to say Stone Cold Heart is an expertly paced, engrossing read I couldn’t put down.

Also, hats off to Ms. Gold for not only touching on the struggles of PTSD that so many returning service personel, as well as those in the civilian population, are struggling with, but also for highlighting the heroism of our often overlooked female war veterans. May all find the peace these characters have.

Excellent writing—check. Steamy love scenes—check. Want to find out what happens next with Raquel and Garrett—check.

As noted by the author, there wil be a spin off series. Yay! Can’t wait to see where the story goes from here!
on May 10, 2017
I don't read many romance stories, but I have read every one of Jamie Gold's. She has a knack for combining flights of fantasy with real life. In Stone Cold Heart, the reader enters a world where it is totally plausible to see a gargoyle striding down the streets of New York City. (OK, not in stone mode). At times, Jamie Gold's imagination astonishes me. She comes up with some things I would never...I mean... um...You'll know when you get to it...Something to do with clothing.

With Jamie Gold, along with the imaginative settings and characters and the exploration of some deep issues, you get what you want in a romance. Everyone, no matter who (and, that "who" can be quite far fetched), can find true love and happiness.
on July 12, 2017
This is a great contemporary romance with a dash of supernatural. I have never read a love story involving gargoyles so I was intrigued. I read this in a day, I just couldn't put it down because I wanted to see what happens next. I have not read the rest of the books in this series, but I read a blog post by the author who said this could work as a stand-alone.  I did not feel like I missed out on anything by not reading the other books in the series. I felt instantly connected to the protagonist, Raquel as she struggled with re-entry after fighting in Afghanistan. I liked that Garret and Raquel's story mirrored each other and they were able to help each other cope and fell in love.
on May 16, 2017
So many paranormals have the same old story, but this was so unique! The main characters are extremely complex, and the ending is super satisfying. I love this world and can't wait for more in the series!
on September 7, 2017
I love Jami's imagination. Sexy gargoyles -- Wow!