Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

ps3 slim or xbox 360 slim

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 35 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 18, 2010, 10:21:39 AM PDT
person says:
well, i dont know hat one to get. the ps3 slim is cool and all,but the 360 slim has kinect. the ps3 also has the playstation move. the big reason i dont want to get the 360 slim is that when you move the disc,it scratches. somebody help me out.

Posted on Jun 18, 2010, 12:10:26 PM PDT
Get the PS3 man! Don't think twice.

Posted on Jun 18, 2010, 12:55:42 PM PDT
Ragnar says:
Do you want blu-ray player, PS3 games, and move? Or do you want Xbox Live, Xbox games, and kinect? It's really that simple, just pick one. Personally, I got both.

Posted on Jun 18, 2010, 2:21:14 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 19, 2010, 8:49:38 AM PDT
C. P says:
Err why is everyone calling the new redesign Xbox 360 a slim when it's not? lol.
Seriously its still big and all and not that much smaller than the original 360. Just because it's been redesign to try and get current 360 owners to dump their current 360 model doesn't mean its an actual slim. lol.
If it was a slim it would have been officially called a 360 slim. lol.
In fact most of the people that are looking to get the new redesign 360 are in fact already 360 owners looking for an upgrade from the current model. It's not like there's a bunch of new buyers out there waiting for the 360 price to go down or anything since the 360 was already affordable before the redesign of the 360.

Posted on Jun 18, 2010, 6:57:28 PM PDT
person says:
by the way, i already have a 360 with a lot of games. should i give up all that for a ps3?

Posted on Jun 18, 2010, 7:22:18 PM PDT
No, keep the old 360 and get a PS3 slim. Way better investment.

Posted on Jun 18, 2010, 7:27:16 PM PDT
person says:
i have to sell my old one to get either the new 360 or the ps3 slim

Posted on Jun 19, 2010, 1:32:35 AM PDT
Ps3 slim I have one but I'm getting a xbox 360 s its a better investment for a newcomer to the xbox

Posted on Jun 19, 2010, 11:32:33 PM PDT
BadFlounder says:
Wtf? why would anyone ever move ANY dvd player or game machine while the disc is spinning??? That's the reason you don't want a 360? Wow...seems a little odd to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2010, 11:33:47 PM PDT
BadFlounder says:
Uh news flash...the PS3 isn't officially called the slim either. That's just a tag the media gave it...just like the Xbox slim. And yes the 360 "slim" is a lot smaller than the original.

Posted on Jun 22, 2010, 10:54:30 AM PDT
I wouldn't buy either based on Move/Kinect since there just isn't much game support for them yet. The initial titles look like mostly shovel-ware.

Posted on Jun 22, 2010, 5:51:51 PM PDT
I own both. The 360 is a far better choice for a SINGLE console. The XBOX LIVE network is lightyears ahead of the PS3 online network, so if you want to do any online gaming, you definitely want to go with the 360.

Posted on Jun 22, 2010, 6:31:03 PM PDT
J. Bryant says:
PS3, i have both consoles.I play the Ps3 more love the exclusives, free online ,Controller and bluray.But 360 at the moment has more online features.If Steam comes to Playstation network it will be a wrap.

Posted on Jun 23, 2010, 4:34:51 PM PDT
Newtype says:
PS3 all the way, 360 is a poor choice actually. By looking at their new exclusive game lineup, it's only like 3 games that are basically rehashes. PS3 got a huge selection of exclusive and you get more 'bang' for your buck.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2010, 4:38:36 PM PDT
Newtype says:
PS3 has alot of non-move based games coming out. The Last Guardian, GT5, Socom 4, Killzone 3, FF XIV, Twisted Metal, Motorstorm, Slycooper Collection, Infamous 2, etc. PS3 is an easy choice if you look at it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2010, 4:40:34 PM PDT
Newtype says:
Well, there's the issue of when the Kinect is implemented..movement is needed. It basically a shoddy product, considering they didn't even fix the RROD. (RDOD now) and makes the 360 turn off when it overheats. They didn't do jack to fix it, just wrote over it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2010, 12:59:12 PM PDT
that is if you have the money to pay for it. and the time to play online games. otherwise why get it?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2010, 1:01:16 PM PDT
socom 4 uses the playstation move. so does killzone 3. but by move what do you mean? the playstation move or something else?

Posted on Jun 27, 2010, 12:07:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 27, 2010, 12:26:45 PM PDT
They call the new 360 SLIM because it is much smaller than the original design. The new model is not much bigger than my Nintendo Wii. If you buy a PS3, buy it for the single player exclusives and the Blu-Ray player.

If you plan to play anything that includes an ONLINE component then you want the 360 with XBOX LIVE. The PS3 network is incredibly primitive by comparison. It lacks a global party chat feature for one, which is a MAJOR omission for anyone who has used that feature on XBL. The Netflix feature is built-in to the 360, but requires a special DVD to be loaded into the PS3 any time you want to watch NetFlix streams on the PS3. The user interface for Netflix is also far more impressive on the 360 than on the PS3. Any multi-platform game you purchase for the PS3 will offer far less online capabilities than the 360 version simply due to the fact that the XBOX LIVE network is so much more sophisticated than what you find on the Sony network. There is a reason why the PS3 network is FREE. You get what you pay for. I never buy multi-platform games for my PS3 for this reason.

I really don't understand what all the fuss is about regarding not being able to move the 360 around when a disc is spinning in the drive! ANY console is going to have problems if you move it around while you have a disc spinning in the drive. That is a no-brainer. Neither console is a PORTABLE. You are supposed to set it up on a stable flat surface and LEAVE IT ALONE!

As far as opinions on here... I wouldn't suggest taking any advice from the single console owners in this thread who only own a PS3. As a rule they are clueless to the actual differences between the two system's online features, and generally parrot nothing but negative misinformation about the 360 and the XBL network. You need to listen to folks like me who own BOTH systems. I am a VERIFIED purchaser of both a PS3 Slim and the new XBOX 360 "S".

Posted on Jun 28, 2010, 12:55:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 28, 2010, 5:27:20 PM PDT
Peter Lee says:
PSN and XBOX LIVE run on Peer to peer servers, so they are both susceptible to lag, NO DEDICATED SERVERS BY BOTH SERVICES. PSN will get cross game voicechat which will probably come out later this year but I really dont care about this feature. Um am I missing something else??? I love my PS3 and it is the ultimate High Definition Multimedia device available. At the end of the day, if you want to play halo/gears----then go buy a 360, if you want to play gran turismo/uncharted-------then buy a PS3
I swear fanboys like gourmet woman above me takes this too seriously

Posted on Jun 28, 2010, 12:26:12 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 28, 2010, 6:43:03 PM PDT
heltonhammer says:
Maybe this will help:

http://playstrum.spruz.com/?page=content&cid=44212&show_id=44215

Also, PSN DOES NOT run on P2P servers. Xbox Live runs on P2P while PSN runs on Dedicated Servers. That's precisely the reason why developers get to shut down the online portions of their games whenever they want on PSN. Dedicated servers are expensive to maintain, which is why Sony is offering an optional service at the same price as XBL. It's also why Microsoft when the P2P route and still charged. They get to charge for a service that is unstable behind the scenes. That's how you end up with a week-long online malfunction (XBL) compared to a 24 hour online service shutdown (PSN).

Posted on Jun 29, 2010, 9:40:26 PM PDT
J. Wright says:
The only way someone would "dump" their xbox 360 for the newer one is if they only had the 20 gb HDD and no wireless adapter. but needed wireless N and 250 GB

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2010, 10:42:07 PM PDT
J. says:
"Err why is everyone calling the new redesign Xbox 360 a slim when it's not? lol."

It's actually a significant improvement in size. Keep in mind that while it's not physically that much smaller (17%), that they actually managed to shrink the box at ALL while internalizing the HD and Wi-Fi, and making it run cooler and quieter, is quite impressive. And they did all of that while reducing it's power consumption needs, allowing them to shrink the power brick as well (Still wish it was internal, though.)

Overall, I'd rather have a slightly smaller Xbox with no bulky HD and awkward Wi-Fi dongle hanging from it than a significantly smaller one that still needs adapters stuck all over it.

Point is, fanboy or otherwise (I own both with a slight preference for the 360) - it's actually a fairly slick job, aesthetically, all things considered.

Posted on Jun 30, 2010, 5:33:50 PM PDT
C. P says:
The Resident Gourmet = biggest XBox fanboy but actually believes he's not one. lol
Which makes it even more funny.

Posted on Jul 1, 2010, 8:48:20 AM PDT
Dude i just got a ps3 slim and it is AWESOME!! I had a 360, got the rrod just once but that is all i needed t convince me ths ps3 is the way to go. I could have got the new 360 but it is not worth the risk. Also the psn sevice is exactly the same as xbox live and anyone who say it's isn't is just a fanboy..
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  23
Total posts:  35
Initial post:  Jun 18, 2010
Latest post:  Jul 8, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about