- Series: The Rise of modern Europe ; 
- Unknown Binding: 300 pages
- Publisher: Harper & Row (1962)
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0007EF1VW
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #14,364,059 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The quest for security, 1715-1740 (The Rise of modern Europe ; ) Unknown Binding – 1962
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Top Customer Reviews
the period is relatively neglected, as much attention lavished upon prior and subsequent eras, but it was important. R. portrays the era as in transition from medieval to modern.
among noteworthy learnings is the realization that progenitors of market economy were anything but anti-government. they wanted government to do much, such as internal improvements, revision of tolls, and other matters conducive to business.
a rewarding read in a fine series