Amazon Vehicles Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Halloween Candy Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon fin fin fin  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle Oasis hhnsweeps Shop Cycling on Amazon
Customer Discussions > Kaleidoscope Heart forum

The recent regulatory actions in stem cells

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 19, 2010 7:10:28 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 19, 2010 7:16:24 AM PDT

Given the recent injunction awaiting the responce from the courts President Obama's Executive Order allowing further stem cell research on new cell lines, I thought I'd poll people for their thoughts about the risks and benefits of human stem cell clinical trials. As this is a heart forum, the discussion should be focused on stem cells in cardiovascular use, though some open discussion is encouraged.

Essentially what I am asking is.

1) Has anyone seen patients improve from either a stem cell transplant or the usage of a stem cell mobolizer in-vivo (such as EPO)?

2) Has anyone seen a patient or patients with a graft v.s. host disease issue, and was it life threatening and was it corrected/cured, via some technique of medical management?

3) Has there been a situation where the procedure was performed without proper patient understanding/concent to the procedure? If so, what was the end result, ranging from a frustrated/angry patient to lawsuit? Were any of these situations resolved amicably?

If there are other topics that are related to management issues regarding stem cell related therapies that one would like to reply with, I'd be interested in seeing results from folks, and encourage, open minded judicious discussion as I am presently authoring works on the topic, and having community feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your time, thoughfulness and participation.

All my best,

Michael Delander
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kaleidoscope Heart forum
Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Sep 19, 2010
Latest post:  Sep 19, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
Kaleidoscope Heart
Kaleidoscope Heart by Sara Bareilles (Audio CD - 2010)
4.8 out of 5 stars (248)