|Item Weight||0.3 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||5 x 1 x 8 inches|
|Item model number||01.100.05|
|Manufacturer Part Number||01.100.05|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
resqme The Original Keychain Car Escape Tool, Made in USA (Orange)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Seat belt cutter + Car window breaker
- Compact, lightweight & powerful
- Easily accessible, no installation required
- Tested and certified by TÜV
- Over 10 years saving lives worldwide
- Red Dot Design Award – Winner 2014
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Compare to similar items
This item resqme The Original Keychain Car Escape Tool, Made in USA (Orange)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Microfiber Products||BP MEDICAL SUPPLIES|
|Color||Orange||1 Pack||Black||Blue/Orange/Safety Yellow||Black/Yellow/Blue||Orange|
|Item Dimensions||1 x 5 x 8 in||0.8 x 5 x 6 in||2.5 x 4 x 0.3 in||1.6 x 3 x 0.8 in||3.1 x 7.9 x 1.6 in||5.3 x 1.5 x 10.7 in|
resqme is a revolutionary hand-held rescue tool amazingly powerful despite its mini size. A fierce but absolutely safe spring loaded stainless steel spike allows the vehicle occupant to easily break side windows and a carefully concealed stainless steel razor blade slices through a jammed seat belt to prevent vehicular entrapment.
From the manufacturer
What is resqme?
Over 4 Million Motorists Worldwide Carry resqme
Made in USA, this 2-in-1, safety and survival tool, allows you to cut a jammed seatbelt and to break a side window in your car.
Originally developed for first responders (firefighters EMTs, law enforcement agencies); resqme has become an essential safety solution for all safety-conscious drivers.
Reddot Award 2014, U.S. Embassy in The Netherlands, Inpex, and Concours Lepine 2016.
- Made in USA - The Original!
- Breaks car side windows.
- Cuts jammed safety belts.
- Compact, lightweight and powerful.
- Materials: ABS plastic |Stainless Steel.
- GS TUV Certified.
- Reddot Award 2014.
- Concours Lepine 2016.
Premium Accessories Pack. *Sold Separately
Cable Tie (included)
Hang from rear view mirror using the zip tie to allow for access for both driver and passenger.
*Sun Visor (Availabe in the Premium Accessory Pack)
Attach the visor clip to your sun visor, ideal for keyless entrance cars.
Key Ring (included)
Attach resqme with key ring to easily reach while driving.
*Lanyard (Availabe in the Premium Accessory Pack)
Hang from head rest using the lanyard to allow for access to back seat passengers.
How does it work?
The resqme tool attaches to your keychain with a detachable clip. In the event of an emergency, pull the resqme tool away from the clip to reveal the blade. If the seatbelt is jammed, cut the belt by hooking the blade over and slicing it across.
To break the window, press the black head of the tool against the corner of the window and it will release the spring-loaded spike and shatter the glass. The resqme tool does not work on car windshields. It is effective only against tempered glass commonly used in side windows.
How do I remove the safety blade clip?
First attach the key ring or the cable tie (or the lanyard if you purchased the Premium Accessory Pack) around the loop of the clip to have more of a grip. Then unsnap the clip (pull straight / brisk movement) using the key ring or the cable tie around the loop.
Please note that without support of key ring or the cable tie it can be a little difficult to remove the blade clip and can cause the resqme to break.
How do I know the type of glass used in my car?
Most sunroofs and rear windows are tempered. To figure out what kind of glass is in the side window of your car, you can look in the bottom corner. There may be a label that says 'tempered' or 'laminated.' If not, roll down the window and look at it from a bird’s-eye view. If it’s smooth and looks like one piece, it’s tempered. If it looks like a sandwich with a ridge, it’s laminated.
Is the resqme reusable?
Yes! resqme is designed to be used more than 1 time!
The spring-loaded spike resets automatically and can be used multiple times.
The blade is very durable and can easily perform multiple seat belt cuts.
Top customer reviews
1) If possible, wear a glove! you have to push this against the window with some force to activate it and it is easy for your hand to continue forward once it shatters. sometimes just a hole surrounded by cracked glass....it's sharp...it hurts. If you don't have gloves, make a conscious effort to not continue forward when the glass gives.
2) Side windows are tempered glass and windshields are laminated glass. This will work on a side window but not a windshield/rear windshield. Side windows "cube' and fall apart windshields do not because the plastic sheeting in them keeps the shards together. It is hard to kick a windshield out even after it has "spidered".
3) A good spot is usually near the corner (about 2"-3" diagonal from corner) and there's less chance of putting your hand through it at the corner....did I say that glass is sharp? And that it hurts? It is....and it does!
4) If you're getting someone out of a car and they're conscious...tell 'em to turn away when you break the window...cuz...you know...sharp...hurts...
5) Seat-belt cutters work way better if you can manage to pull the belt taught with your other hand.
6) If you have this hanging off a fire-coat...it is very likely it will fall off...break off...etc. I stick mine in the rubber flashlight band on my helmet. Not that I wanna tell you where to stick it or.......yeah....OK...
7) These don't work over and over forever. The point gets dull. But when I get a new one, In usually test fire it on a thick piece of cardboard or soft wood to make sure that it functions.
8) Just hold against window and push until it pops.
That is all....stay safe...and remember...
Glass is sharp....and it hurts!
Once we stabilized the car and were starting extrication, I crawled inside and started patient care. Luckily, she was conscious and had only minor injuries. While the top of the car was being removed, I was going to attempt to free her to the ground (which was the drivers side of the car) so she would be as comfortable as you can be while having spreaders/cutters and a sawzall 2 feet from your head. I grabbed my carabiner off of my turnouts and fumbled around under the blanket with my flashlight looking for my new resqme. It wasn't there. The key-ring was still on my biner, but no tool to be found.....
The reason for this was discovered this morning when I got off shift, went searching, and found the tool in the engine bay behind the rig. The plastic piece had broken off at the key-ring and had been sitting there for X amount of time.
I shouldn't be bitter, I've seen these in action, and they do work well. Just be careful how you stage them with other gear, as they aren't the most durable tool you can use.
Update 9/19/17. So I also carry one of these on duty as a police officer and used my resqme to break a window the other night. It worked FLAWLESSLY, theres no easier way to break a window with such little effort, this tool does the job! It indeed does break glass with a simple push. I definitely recommend it for my other brothers and sisters in blue and also for civilians to get out of their vehicles in an emergency situation!