Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 24, 2010
Okay, first let me be clear. I in no way wanted to go and see this movie. Why did I go? Well that is what you have to do when you have a 10 year old brother and the parents don't want to take him to see it. Anyway, twenty minutes into the movie I started to think that the movie was okay for younger children, because it was quite a silly plot line (the main aim in the plot is that they want to shirink the moon) and was maybe lacking in some emotion. However, I have to admit by the end of the movie I quite enjoyed it, you really get to see Gru (our villian turned dad),on his journey and see the changing emotions he has to go through, not to mention the decisions he has to make. Some of the scenes our quite touching and some of the dialogue is quite humerous.
Now I just want to mention the cast, there is a very good cast including the very funny Steve Carell, Jason Segal, Julie Andrews, Russell Brand leading the cast but of course I have to give credit to the actresses who played the three girls Miranda Cosgrove who was excellent playing the smart older sister, Dana Gaier as the moody teenager and finally there is Elsie Fisher who at about 8 years old is a natural.
So overall I think that this is a great family movie, the kids will enjoy it more but I enjoyed it and I am a 16 year old girl, however i think that it isnt a movie I would watch over and over again but I think children would.
It is definatley worth a watch.
44 comments| 204 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?