November 20, 2019
I was attracted to this novel for several reasons: The gorgeous cover, the author (even though I've only read one book by her before now, it had an impact), I used to read Cosmopolitan all the time in my twenties, and it made me think of The Bold Type set in an earlier time period.

The story was both enjoyable and addictive. I couldn't get enough of it! I liked seeing Helen Gurley Brown through Alice's eyes. I think Helen would have been interesting to work with. She wasn't a Miranda Priestly. However, I was surprised by how often she had emotional breakdowns at work. I like that Alice had her own life outside of the magazine, as well as family secrets she had to unearth.

This was a terrific historical fiction novel. It made New York City come alive and gave off a Marvelous Mrs. Maisel feel. In a way, it was a nudge for me to follow my dreams and I've since started taking small steps toward doing so!

Park Avenue Summer is only the second book I've read of Renee Rosen's (I also read and loved Windy City Blues), but I definitely need to go back and read the others. She's an incredible writer and the book was captivating the entire way through!

Movie casting ideas: