Industrial Deals HPC Trade in your textbooks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 24, 2005
I've been into U2 since I was a punk rock DJ in the 80s, but it wasn't until Unforgettable Fire that my addiction became pathological. I saw them live in Oakland CA and left there pleased but not terrible impressed about their musical skills. They seemed as sloppy live as many rock icons are out of the studio.

But this DVD rights that wrong. I just purchased it in 2005 and found out a few things about U2 that I never knew:

The band is tighter than I thought. I used to think that Adam and Larry were just backing up the stars, but it's apparent from this DVD that they are both hard-working serious musical lads.

Edge is a better guitar player that I thought he was. He might not be mister solo, but he drives the band ala Pete Townsend and never seems to run out of rythym.

Bono is just as overbearing and postured as I had thought. But by God the ensemble works, and I can't fault him or the band for the results.

I recommend that you buy this DVD and add it to your collection. You might find yourself playing it more than you expected. It has excellent moments.
0Comment| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?