Lyft Check out Santa's new ride Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Show Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 24, 2012
Fell in love with Flipboard when helping my mother set up her iPad last year. Tried Pulse, Feedly and others and while they are all good it wasn't quite the same (although keep checking them out because they continue to make improvements). I had sideloaded the Flipboard beta for Android and it worked well, but the full Flipboard app is so much better. Google Reader integration worked immediately. This is a major plus since the Kindle Fire does not allow direct connection to Google apps forcing you to go through the Web browser. Hope they change that soon so I can use Google Calendar to sync my work calendar.

Tried to add Twitter and Google+ and had some difficulties at first but it has finally linked to my Flipboard account so all is well. If you have trouble, keep trying. Twitter linked after a couple attempts but it took a couple days before I had success with Google+ and it looks good on the Kindle Fire.

While I am not a frequent Twitter user (maybe once every couple months) that will change with the integration to Flipboard. Why? Because by using Twitter Lists you can create a group of items to view. For example, I have a Twitter list called Authors and can view that list on Flipboard to read posts by some of my favorite authors for book signings, book releases, general commentary, etc.

With Flipboard I will probably revert to my news junkie phase. It is a much easier and cleaner way to obtain national and international news since the TV "news" channels turned me off several years ago.

While the Flipboard app deserves 5 stars I am only giving it 4 stars because of what I believe are some of the Kindle Fire limitations. Updating the feeds can take a while and it does freeze on occasion (but less than the beta version).
0Comment| 288 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?