Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 13, 2013
My favorite pair of jeans, Levi's 521 Rigid Envy were unfortunately discontinued quite some time ago. I remember when I bought my first pair back in 2011. They were probably the best fitting jeans I've ever bought. Unforunately, I wore them so much that they are broken in and no longer have that dark blue hue. Doesn't mean I still don't love those jeans, though! They faded in a custom way with my own body, I feel like I bought raw denim for 1/3 the price! But the denim is now lighter, and it would look out of place at a club or lounge.

So, I decided to pick up another pair! But to my disappointment, Levi decided to discontinue the 521s. But in it's place, they created the 508s. When I saw Rigid Envy for 508s, I was esctatic. Surely, they can't be too far off, right? Well, after receiving my 508 Rigid Envy in the mail, I must say that I was quite disappointed. First, the sizing was WAY off. They were way to BAGGY in the thighs! I usually wear a 33x30 (33x29 if I can find one), and I looked goofy in these pants. It reminded me of MC Hammer, baggy in the thighs, but then it tapers off at the bottom. It reminded me of an ice cream cone. All I know now is that I'm returning them for a refund.

But being so adamant about getting new Rigid Envys, I went to Macy's to see if they had 508s (I admit, I should've went to the store FIRST before purchasing on Amazon, dumb move on my part). Lo and behold, they had the 508s! I tried 3 different sizes - my usual 33x30, then 32x30, and finally 31x30. When I tried the 33x30 AGAIN (this time in-store), they were baggy once again. TOO BIG in the thighs! I tried 32x30, it looked less sloppy, but still - baggy in the thighs. Finally, I tried 31x30! The last time I wore a 31 waist was 10 years ago while I was still going through puberty! But for some reason, 31x30 fit like a glove! But still, not as well as the 521s. The 521s looked more proportional, but the 508s were close enough. By going TWO sizes down, I had the "slim" look that I was going for, although it may look a little skinny from the side profile. For the 521s, it looked slim from the side profile, but the 508s look slightly (just a tad!) more skinny due to the pants having to shrink down proportionally. But all in all, I haven't purchased any new Rigid Envys yet, because I want to wait until I get my refund from Amazon. But for those who loved the SLIM TAPER 521s, I would suggest going TWO sizes down for the 508s! If you wanted what the product advertised, Regular Taper, I suggest you go ONE size down! If you buy your regular waist size, well...prepare to return the product!! Because if you buy your regular waist size, you'll be purchasing "Baggy Taper" jeans, which I'd assume, no one would want!

Levi's! Please bring back the SLIM TAPER 521s!
66 comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?