Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent Armband with a Jiggling Problem, June 17, 2009
This review is from: Tuneband for iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS, Grantwood Technology's Armband, Silicone Skin, and Screen Protector, Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I've been using my Tuneband since early May, 2009 with my iPhone 3G and for the most part it's what I was looking for. A no nonsense armband that holds my iPhone whilst working out and jogging.

The armband itself is made from a stretchy fabric material that will likely fit most anyone. The strap is secured by Velcro. The actual silicone skin is better than expected - it's lightweight and conforms to the iPhone snuggly. I haven't used the screen protector so I refrain from commenting on that.

My only detraction from this armband is that in my experience the narrow armband leads to the iPhone jiggling on my arm during runs. Maybe this is something that won't bother some folks but I find it a distraction. Plus I'm always worrying that the bouncing around will send my iPhone flying out of the silicone skin protector.

I think that the problem lies in the narrow armband and the way the armband interfaces with the silicone skin. With this model the band simply passes through vertical slits in the back of the skin. Since the silicone skin is so soft and pliable it doesn't hold the iPhone snuggly against your arm.

I think that either a wider armband or some reinforcement to the backing on the silicone skin are needed to make this product truly great.

As it is, this is a solid armband until I find something better.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 6, 2013 7:11:34 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 6, 2013 7:16:23 AM PDT
1104 says:
I agree whole-heartedly. I wear mine around my forearm because I feel like it's more secure there, and because the strap is too long for that part of my arm, I wrap the band around the face of the phone before securing. It's not as attractive this way, but makes me feel better about the security of the phone and seems more accessible to me, walking with a two-year old and usually pushing a cart of laundry or groceries.

I do however, like this model above all others that I have used. The models with the plastic sleeve are definitely inferior to this one. I really think we're worrying over nothing; I don't think the phone will come out - but after paying $$$ for this type of phone, who wants to take chances? I don't even know what to suggest to make it better without ruining the aesthetics of the armband. This one, as is, is certainly much more attractive than its predecessors, is more functional and is a better executed design. I do wish the band was a wider, and that you could adjust it to double-up (to be worn on the forearm), or keep it longer as is for the bicep/upper arm area. I think these improvements would be great and may help the jiggle issue.

I hope that if the changes suggested are made, they do not change how well it fits the phone or any of the materials currently used. Too often, 'crap' is created when trying to improve the current design of something. The strap needs to be as long as it is to accommodate larger arms, like my uberly flabby one, but I would appreciate the option of being able to double it up and shorten (like a bra strap), so that I can wear it on my forearm without having to wrap the extra length around the phone's face plate.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›