Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on May 21, 2011
I purchased this camera from Amazon back on April 23, 2011 for $319.00 only to find it available on Amazon a few weeks later for $285.00 and again for $272. I have owned several digital point and shoot cameras and 35 mm cameras over the years including the older digital Pentax Optio WP 30. The Optio WP 30 was a MUCH BETTER camera as far as photo quality! I consider myself a very good amateur photographer. Although the Pentax WG-1 camera seems to be rugged and waterproof, I find the photo quality very poor on every setting I tried. The camera came without a warranty card so I am wondering if this was a previous return. The camera's daylight photos were not sharp at 14 mp and at 5 mp. Colors were faded, inconsistent or appeared to have a lot of "noise" on all settings. The nighttime outdoor/indoor as well as lowlight shots were even worse with or without a flash. It doesn't seem to focus well in both daylight and nighttime shots. Photos were NOT SHARP! I'm not sure if this particular camera is defective but I am sending it back to Amazon for a refund.

Pros = Looks rugged & feels good in hand. I was really hoping that this would be my outdoor goto camera because I like the way it looks and feels but...

Cons = Looks aren't everything. Poor photo quality, poor focusing, poor color saturation
0Comment| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.