BCA Month Salon Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 15, 2009
I've been using Quicken 2008 and decided to buy and download Quicken 2010 this afternoon. After installing I was very disappointed to find that the free online version actually was better suited for my needs than the purchased copy. The online version has more options with my bank (it can pull loan infomation while the Deluxe edition cannot) and I don't use many of the other features that warrant the cost of this one.

I decided that I would ask for the refund that is advertised with the product:

"100% Satisfaction Guarantee
If you're not 100% satisfied, return your Quicken Deluxe 2010 personal finance software with your dated receipt within 60 days of purchase for a refund of the purchase price (return shipping and handling charges not included). "

I sat, waiting in queue for half an hour to get a support person on a live chat to request my refund. He told me that they will not honor the refund because I bought the download version and I would have to request it from Amazon. In my opinion, that "Satisfaction Guarantee" needs to state that if you buy a download edition you have to go back to the retailer. There is no clarification of that before I click to buy and it's not as if I'm buying from a non-reputable source I trust that a purchase from Amazon will follow any requirements from the manufacturer. A quick look at the policy and Amazon has clearly stated that "Downloadable software products" are not returnable. I hope that they will work with me on this more than Intuit, but, as it stands I'm stuck with software that I don't want and a "100% Satisfaction Guarantee" that is not being honored.

I only give the application 2 stars because if your banks fully support the features that you need and you use more features than those which are available in the free online version then it may be worth the cost, just don't buy the download unless you have to have it right away!
1111 comments| 197 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?