Industrial Deals HPC Trade in your textbooks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by Luke Bryan STEM Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 3, 2009
I was undecided on whether or not to buy this item after reading many favorable but several very unfavorable reviews of the Pocket Laser Light Show. I figured for the price I would take a chance and I'm glad I did. For the money this thing is awesome! Yes, I guess if someone was expecting a recreation of what they saw at a Floyd concert they will be disappointed but if they are expecting that from a $15 toy they probably won't have the mental capacity to install the batteries correctly anyway.

This thing is so small you can hold it in your hand or carry it in your pocket but it provides a pattern of 10 feet in diameter or more depending on the distance you place it from a wall. The cool thing about it is that you can manually change the pattern to any number of shapes using the two switches and two control wheels. You can also have it stay on one pattern or even set it to automatic and let it just put on a show. Obviously the darker the room the better the effect will be. In a pitch black room you get almost a 3D effect.

I bought one to use in creating a "laser vortex" effect for my Halloween display and it worked great. I had the option of a round or triangular vortex and it was plenty bright.

I think this thing would be a great present for a a child between 6 and 16 or an adult who just loves gadgets (like me).
11 comment| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?