BCA Month Beauty Ali: A Life Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

I am going to admit that I am not a fan of using cell phones; I don't like clamping them to my ear, trying to hear, and receiving wireless calls is just as annoying; they drop off, they're noisy. But wireless phones are here to stay; I know a number of people who live with a Bluetooth receiver on their ear for the entire day, and there is no doubt that Blackberries keep you connected to the world in so many ways; web, email and phone.

However, I've chosen to use a wired headset at work. I'm on the phone all day and despite the fact that the wire is annoying and keeps me somewhat tethered to my desk, that's what I use. And I use my cell phone mostly for emergency and minimal contacts. I doubt I use it more than five minutes per month. Personally, I do not have sufficient evidence that wearing a wireless is confirmed to be harmless, but there is a lot of radiation happening in a localized area, whether on your hip if you clip your phone there, or on the side of your head. Since I am of the pre-wireless generation, doing without this convenience is no trouble for me. But if you are addicted to using wireless headsets, you might want to read Kerry Crofton's book and see if her theories hold water. The beginning chapter clearly lists studies both that demonstrate, and also FAIL to demonstrate any effects of electro-pollution. Some of the discussion includes the effect on children, brain tumors, effects on the fetus, sleep disorders, immune disturbances, and cardiac symptoms. The theory of why wireless "electro-pollution" may affect the body is discussed in a way that most people can understand.

In addition, there are the more social effects; how much time do you or your children spend communicating on wireless devices? Is that a healthy trend? (Let alone the horrific trend of texting or holding a cellphone, grabbing or dialing a phone while driving. This is madness. Even grabbing a drink at the wrong time can cause a driver to lapse attention and get into an accident. I see people daily SWERVING across the yellow line while looking down. They are clearly texting and driving. It's an evil practice.) In a way, using these devices is a public health issue, if it causes accidents and injury while in use.

So if you are curious about the health effects of wireless devices, I'd recommend you read Dr. Crofton's book and decide if the evidence is there for you to modify your use of these devices. And it would be easier to teach your kids to limit their use of wireless if you do it from the very start; taking it away from a confirmed user is not going to be easy.

If you haven't really thought about what is going on NEXT to your head, you really should. Give this book a read.
What's this?