Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

2.0 out of 5 stars SHAMEFUL RELEASE FOR HOLIDAY CASH IN!, November 11, 2008
This review is from: Classic Christmas Favorites (Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas! / The Year Without a Santa Claus / Frosty's Winter Wonderland / Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July) (DVD)
This is just another slap in the face to fans who grew up with these Rankin & Bass holiday classics! Fans of these specials have been wanting a complete box set done including all of these holiday gems, but instead we get a re-release of the same shows! Of course, we get 3 "never before available on DVD" specials only available on this set, so long time fans have to buy this set if they want the 3 new to DVD releases!?

To make matters worse 'Frosty and Rudolph's Christmas in July' is the same defective print where the voices are out of sync with the picture that was released a few years ago!

To make matters even worse than that, some copies have the wrong version of 'The Year Without A Santa Claus'!! I wish someone who cares about these films,, would pick up the ball and get these classic's done right!

Until then folks, I say leave this garbage in the bin and wait for someone who cares to release a proper set. Who wouldn't want a complete set of Rankin & Bass Holiday Classics totally restored?..... raise your hand!..............I thought so! :-D

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 14, 2008 9:40:18 AM PST
Loved this review. I agree 100%!

Posted on Nov 14, 2008 9:50:32 PM PST
My hand is raised, KIA. Thanks for the heads-up on this "stinker." I pass!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2008 9:55:46 PM PST
Geri says:
I do want a complete set of these Holiday Classics totally restored also, but I guess I'll wait until they come up with a more worthy set, thanks for the heads up!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2008 5:51:19 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 25, 2009 8:23:53 AM PST
It's a shame this set wasn't better, because lets face it, the true fans of this stuff aren't getting any younger and they are missing out on a lot of sales.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2008 10:30:02 PM PST
Geri says:
Yeah, like us.

Posted on Dec 1, 2008 12:25:35 PM PST
T. Cronin says:
i totally agree. I'll wait and hope it doesn't take until my kids are grown for them to release it!

Posted on Jan 12, 2009 7:43:29 AM PST
I agree 100% with this review. I too purchased this set believing I was going to receive a DVD that contained the shows and songs that I loved when growing up and what to I find? I find the one show, which was the primary reason why I purchased it, 'The Year Without A Santa Claus' to be a remake! I truly wish I had read this posting before I purchased this DVD set because I would not have purchased it!

Posted on Dec 12, 2009 6:03:08 PM PST
Warner Bros is out to make some scratch only.
They are too big a company to care what the fans want, they know the majority of people will buy it because they want a copy of the classics.
They care so little that you can see the results on

"Arthur Rankin, Jr., creator of such holiday TV classics as RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER, FROSTY THE SNOWMAN, THE YEAR WITHOUT A SANTA CLAUS, THUNDERCATS and THE HOBBIT is dealing with a BURGERMEISTER MEISTERBURGER in the form of WARNER BROS."

Posted on Dec 22, 2009 6:11:03 AM PST
L. Mills says:
I purchased this same set with the WRONG VERSION of The Year Without A Santa Claus!!! If I send it back, I'm wondering if I will get the same DVD in the set again. I mean, really? Who wants a live action version with John Goodman and Delta Burke? Not me!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2009 6:58:31 AM PST
Hi,

It's worth a shot, I had a defective disc for another release a year ago and tried twice to get a playable replacement. I took a chance to get a third copy months later and It worked on the third try.

Give it a shot! :-)

Good luck and Happy Holidays!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›