Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

I splurged on this little gadget last night in a new effort to lose weight. If you aren't already aware of it, you should aim for 10,000 steps each day for improving your health and losing weight. Get a good pair of walking shoes, grab this pedometer, and go for it (I prefer to also carry a tiny FM radio on my belt with earbud headphones and a pulse meter).

I've owned probably 3-6 other pedometers that I have paid about $10-$30 for each unit in the last two years. Some were lit, some weren't. Some opened like a pocket watch to reveal the display (looked like a tiny pager). Others played a little tune and could speak the numbers on the display. One was even a basic mechanical pedometer with an analog display similar to a car's odometer display.

I wish I had bought this pedometer before I wasted my money on all of the others. This pedometer has yet to give me a 'false' reading. A good example is at work where I am in my chair that leans back at an angle. Most all of the pedometers I owned would register several hundred paces just while I was sitting at work or while driving in the car. Their mechanics would sway back and forth as I shifted in my seat or drove over small bumps. This one did not give any false readings at all in the car - nor has it done so at work.

Not even counting on it's ability to estimate your caloric usage during walking or your distance traveled (another 'estimate' in my book), it has scored an A+ in my book for its accuracy as a pedometer in it's ability to sense each step reliably and accurately.

Again - I regret that I didn't get this pedometer first.

It is a little larger than most, but I believe that is due to it's internal mechanics. It feels like a pocket watch when you hold it in your hand. It's not too light - and it's not so heavy that it will weigh down on an elastic waist band.

I haven't had more than a day with it yet, but it has definately impressed me so far. After a week, I'll have a better idea how well it does at keeping track of steps over a 7 day period.
11 comment| 120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?