Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18PP_gno

on September 9, 2005
I have listened to Ozomatli rather sporadically over the past few years. I was impressed with what I heard, but I guess I never really paid attention to them enough to pick up any of their albums. At any rate, I came across this album, Street Signs, that they released last year, so I decided to check it out.

I have to say that picking this album up was a wise decision. For those that don't know, Ozomatli is a multiracial band, and while I don't know any of the members by name yet, each member successfully brings something to the table. There are elements of rap, salsa, rock, and Tejano (among other styles) to be found on here, and they all blend together well to make a good mix.

While it's hard to pick a favorite song on here, "Believe" and the title track definitely spring to mind. And the party joint "Saturday Night" actually comes off very well. Basically, you can call Ozomatli hip-hop, progressive rock, or whatever you want, but all you really need to do is start paying attention to some street signs.

Anthony Rupert
0Comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?