Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Ellen

2.0 out of 5 stars Buy her DVDs, this plan is unrealistic, September 19, 2010
This review is from: Tracy Anderson's 30-Day Method: The Weight-Loss Kick-Start that Makes Perfection Possible (Hardcover)
I've had other Tracy Anderson DVDs, and think the exercises and her approach is great. This book isn't that great.

1. Ok fine to follow her 1.5 hour a day routine. It's alot but it I can make that kind of commitment for the hoped for outcomes...

2. But on top of that, I just spent 1 hour creating 2 out of the 4 meals for the first day. I don't have this kind of time to create meals like this just for myself. Recipes call for things like "2 tablespoons of chive" which means I have to throw the rest of the chives away or figure out how someone else in my family will eat them...

3. There are quality issues with the DVD program. In the book, it says things like "you can start with 20 repetitions, move on to 25, when you get to 60 start weights and go back down to 40 repetitions." THe DVD, however, simply states to do 40 repetitions.

Because on the DVD she doesn't do the full 20, 40 or 60 repititions, I have to constantly stop the DVD so I can finish my complete set and catch up. Obviously, we are meant to memorize or follow along with the book -- but since this is a DVD and we have to follow along with the cardio anyway, why not just have her run through at least a full set?

The cardio is nice and fun, but it does move fast through the sequences. Four repetitions of a move, and its off to another movement. Most of her cardio DVDs are like that, there is a steep learning curve.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the guidelines and FAQs here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 16, 2010, 7:17:33 PM PDT
I agree with your review. Also, did you notice that the very first exercise is different on the DVD from what it shows in the book? That didn't get me started on a good footing until I figured that out.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2010, 4:33:30 PM PDT
JV Scheuer says:
I noticed this too about the very first exercise! My biggest issue with the workout is having to stop the dvd every time I needed to finish one side and then it didn't mimic the other. I was very disappointed with the quality of the dvd and bought her design series. It is very good. I thought it would have a cardio dance that went with it but it didn't, so I proceeded to purchase the beginners cardio and that really sucked! It had 4 dvd chapters that went over 4 different 20 min. routines but then you can't put them all together because the dvd isn't designed to do that! Man, you would think that I would just give up on Tracy, but alas, I believe in her method so I am going to try again.

Also, the meal plans are not time or economically feaseable! I feel like there is a way to do her meal plan without breaking the bank, but I don't have time or the inclination to figure it out. I am going to go to Isagenix shakes and do their program with her exercises. I love the shakes anyway - this will be much easier as far as the eating goes.

Posted on Mar 9, 2012, 10:39:18 AM PST
I agree with everything you said. She has, however, the only combination of diet, musclework and cardio that has worked thusfar for me. Even though there are the annoyances you mentioned, I feel it's still worth it! She's right on!

Posted on Jun 2, 2013, 10:27:05 PM PDT
Lisa E. says:
I have watched Tracy's infomercial and as a [former] personal trainer...it looked like she had some innovative moves. I won't be buying this book based on your review and all the comments that follow. Thank you for saving me the $$.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›