Industrial Deals HPC Trade in your textbooks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by Luke Bryan STEM Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 11, 2009
I ordered my copy before reading the other reviews here, assuming that the content was at least as good as the 2009 edition. I plan to update our wills and also make a shared living trust - I can't do the trust with this crippled version.

Do NOT buy WillMaker Plus 2010 if you have plan to make a trust. What a disappointment!!!!. I emailed Nolo and told them I was ready to abandon Quicken, I feel so badly about their deceptive marketing.

EDIT: I received an email from Nolo - "The package was just getting too big and unmanageable and we chose to focus on the most popular item. The combined package had to include a lot of information about trusts, which are more complicated than wills, and it's more than most people want. Plus, it wasn't obvious from the product name (Willmaker Plus) that the package even contained a living trust. So, people looking for a trust might not have known Willmaker included one, and people just looking for a will got more than they wanted. It's not that people don't need living trusts. But it's certainly true that many more people want a will than want a living trust. With two separate packages, our messaging can be clearer and simpler. Our internal updating process can also be simpler."

This sounds like an excuse to provide less for more, not a sound business model! Most reviews of previous versions (and some of the current version!!!) indicate that Willmaker covers trusts, so anyone searching for this product would naturally assume they are still there in 2010.

I obtained Willmaker 2009 to get the trusts.... I still have the 2010 version installed, so I will do my wills with that version.

John Davies
Spokane WA
11 comment| 149 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?