Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating PSFF17_gno

on February 25, 2012
My Canon Pixma 4200 had stopped working awhile back, color streaked but greyscale was ok. I took a chance and got alternative cartridges from Amazon -cheap- and they worked. My printer was back to life. I ran off about 70 81/2 x11s 50 5x7s 100 4x5 card stock, and then one day streaking began again. I put in a whole new set of 5 cartridges, color streaked. Registered as full but streaked in color. Cleaned it, deep cleaned it. to no avail. Plucked out the printer head (a new one was $100.00) and cleaned it. and again. Still color prints streaked.
Finally I bought the Canon IP 2702 on Amazon. Reviews were good. I Figured it'll cost me $40 to see. Smaller printer. Set up swift and finally color prints of my photos. Feeling calmer. Very very nice. But some photos appeared to lack the depth and fine detail of the previous printer. I kept a record. Only 25 81/2x11 color prints. I had ordered a color cartridge (another $20) for backup. Checking for available alternative cartridges on Amazon and elsewhere, the handwriting was on the wall.
Checking Epson, Hewlitt, And Canon Photo printers I settled on the Canon Pixma 4920. I liked some of the software features, print quality reviews and alternative inks were available, I think. Finally at a late night moment i hit the buy button. Amazon prime shipping has been a pleasure and it was again for this item. Set up requires focus but it was quick and smooth until I got to the insert CD and install. THERE WAS NO MAC INSTALL ICON! Puzzling and repeating. No install. SO. Here's a tip. I went to the Canon website and downloaded the drivers, online manual, and software, Adding an hour and 1/2 to set up time. But it all worked. Guess what. Canon knew that the CD install might be defective, recommended a way to see if it was the disk or your computer and if it was the disk to call them to replace. They did not advise downloading from their website ???? (from manual) I am very happy with this printer so far. High high quality photos. Detail and gradation that says Yes! I am having the winter pleasure of printing high quality photos again, and I have already used Canons software to print calendar cards to give out and mail out. Work and productivity is back. At the moment I highly recommend this printer. And with the 2702 as back up ...... Oh one more thing about buying printers at Amazon. They provide a link to all of the inks that will work with your printer. I find that very useful.
33 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.