Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

I stumbled across this excerpt when I was reading through some of the other ABNA quarterfinalist entries this year, and the title kind of caught my attention. I clicked on the "Look Inside" just to get an idea of what it was about (for some reason, reading the synopsis didn't occur to me), and was delighted to find this young adult tale - told from the point of view of a young adult ghost!

I made a note to myself to download the rest of the excerpt from home (I was at work when I first discovered it), but then promptly forgot in the midst of all the other things I had to do. Today, though, I remembered it almost randomly, and went searching through all of the excerpts to find this one again, just so that I could finish reading it.

And I am glad I did! To say that I want to read more is an understatement. I very much enjoyed the voice of the ghostly protagonist, and the description of her surroundings in what was formerly her home made it all feel real to me. I also really enjoy the explanations of what it is like to be dead, and how things work in the "un-life" world she inhabits.

The writer has done a great job a creating something new that the reader can walk into cold and relate to pretty much immmediately. I would definitely like to read more - this is absolutely something I would have loved to read, not only as a teenager, but even now as an adult! Great job!
What's this?