Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy so far..., March 16, 2006
This review is from: Panasonic KX-TS105W Corded Phone, White (Office Product)
I bought this as an auxillary phone. We've got an answering machine and a fax machine, but I needed an additional phone to be by the computer in my downstairs office and I wanted a speakerphone so when I was telecommuting I could call into meetings and listen to them without holding a receiver up to my ear.

I was convinced to buy this phone by the string (until recently aftet I placed my order) of rave reviews for this phone, combined with the terrible reviews for so many other speakerphones that cost less.

I've only had this phone for a few days, but I can say that it is attractive and seems to be built well. I called in to work and tried out the speakerphone and it seemed to work well on both ends. I heard the other party fine and the other party did said I sounded good.

I like the uncluttered controls with big number buttons and big buttons for volume and speakerphone. I didn't have to pay for a lot of features that I don't need.

This phone also has the added bonus of a headset input, so if I ever need to talk a whole lot from my home office, I could get a headset and talk while keeping both hands free. So far, so good.

Postscript: It's September of 2007 and the speaker volume is now impossible to control and the unit seems to be buzzing. I can't use it for conference calls anymore. I guess I'll buy another one, but I'll look around first.

OOPS! I forgot that this phone is powered by three AA batteries. They need to be replaced on occasion. When they start running down, the speakerphone gets squirrely. So, I replaced them and now the phone works fine.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 10, 2013 7:17:27 AM PDT
petunia says:
I unfortuneately purchased this phone, also. I am going to throw it away. The batteries run dead every few days and I cannot use the speaker phone feature or the speed-dial feature. What a piece of garbage.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013 9:04:39 AM PDT
Patricia...

I don't know what to tell you. The batteries in my phones (I have two of these) last months at least. Seems I don't have to replace them more than once a years. Talk on speakerphone a lot?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013 9:38:31 AM PDT
petunia says:
Thanks for the info. I seldom use the phone. I have rechargable batteries in it and they only last a day or two. Maybe it's another issue.

Posted on Jun 13, 2013 7:34:49 AM PDT
Nobes says:
Try to use non rechargeable batteries. I might be mistaken but I think some types of rechargeable batteries will discharge regardless after a few days.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›