Bubble Witch Saga 3 Vehicles Review Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on May 21, 2011
I'm not an expert photographer, and I don't have a fancy camera, but I think I have a pretty good technical understanding of the process. In any case, I just want some pictures of jewelry for ebay, and I was having trouble with shadows using an unenclosed space. I thought perhaps a simple light box would solve that, and to some extent it did, but it introduced others in the process. The backgrounds that you get are shiny cloth, and it's impossible to get them completely smooth. The shininess makes the small hills and valleys show up clearly in the photo. The attached image shows this. In general I was able to photoshop the resulting images and get an acceptable result, but it took some effort.

As others have indicated, this comes with no assembly instructions, but it's really pretty obvious how to do it, so that didn't really bother me too much. I found the "tripod" awkward to use, so I would up using my own tripod. The lights seemed to me to be a little underpowered. The packaging and portability are nice though.
review image
0Comment| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?