Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

If you enjoy cardio boxing and want to work up a sweat, then this Wii game is for you. After doing the basic lessons and moving on to the regular ones for only a couple of hours my arms and shoulders feel like I can't lift them anymore. I'm pretty sure I'll be sore tomorrow morning.

This is basically a cardio boxing game. The rest of the exercises are short games and workouts that are unlocked as you progress through boxing exercises. It looks like there are 6 regular ones and 4 that use the balance board. This is the extent of the balance board usage. None of the boxing exercises use the balance board. This is a little disappointing, but since you can't jump on the balance board it would be a little difficult to do the boxing footwork which is bouncy, without damaging the board. Still, I thought the description of the game was a little misleading since the use of the balance board is limited to leg raises, push ups and a couple exercises that are already included with the Wii Fit.

Still, I think this is a good addition to my Wii Exercise list because it's engaging and holds my interest and I like games where I can build up the score and compete against my past scores. Here are a list of the pros and cons that I've discovered so far:

Pros:
Choice of music. There are several different music choices that you can preview and play during your workouts.

Choice of settings. You can choose a gym, forest or seaside setting.

Lots of movement and easy to understand instructions.

You acquire points which you can use to buy things at the gym store, like different outfits.

You can pick your trainer (male or female) and there are several different training levels so you can play according to your abilities at a pace that is good for you.

Great response time on the controls and great sounds. "Pow! Crunch! Wham!" The movements and clicks of the Wiimote register right on. You can also click through scenery pans and other peripheral scenes to speed the game. (Thank you, UBI Soft!)

Cons:
The graphics are a little ragged on an HD TV with component cables and 480p settings. Wii HD Link Component Cable
They are also a little simplistic compared to other Wii games, not bad, just simplistic.

The balance board is used in only 4 of the side workouts, not in the main cardio boxing.

All in all, I still think it's a good addition to my Wii workout collection and it's one that's fun enough that it'll get used often. It's good arm and shoulder exercise that will compliment my We Cheer Wii game and a good way to work up a sweat without getting bored.
22 comments| 345 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?