Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

on May 26, 2010
Original review: I ordered two of these batteries from Amazon and received free shipping since I am an Amazon.com prime member. They arrived on time but the box they were in was damaged. Suspecting poor handling by the shipper, I opened the box to discover that it was the packaging not the shipping that caused the damage. There was no padding or protection of any type - no air bags, no peanuts, nothing - the pair of approx. 2 1/2" x 3" x 4" batteries were in a 4" x 8" x 10" box. The terminals were not covered and the two batteries could have come in contact with each other and shorted out. It's scary to imagine what that might have done. The terminals on one of the batteries are smashed flat against the top of the battery and will no doubt break off if I try to straighten them. After seeing the damage, I decided to return them to Amazon only to get this message:
"For safety reasons, items that are classified as hazardous materials or use flammable liquids or gases cannot be
returned to Amazon.com. Customers should dispose of hazardous materials according to Local, State and Federal regulations. Customers should contact their local government or local waste company for directions on how to dispose of Household Hazardous Waste."
So, beware, you may waste $35 like I have if your batteries arrive unusable. It came as a real surprise to me that a company can sell a product and not have any liability to replace it if it arrives defective - I've never experienced that with any other company. And, yes, I know these reviews are for the item not the seller. I believe a zero star is applicable for the item since it arrived defective and I am stuck with it whatever the reason.

Update: Careful work with screwdriver, pliers, and a soldering gun allowed me to put these batteries in the backup power supply for my garage opener. They work fine, so I am changing my rating to 4 stars since the batteries themselves seem to be good quality. I hope the distressed terminals do not break off.

Update 2/22/2011: Ordered another one of these for a security system. Amazon has fixed their packaging. This one arrived with the terminals well protected and the battery was in a box that fit it perfectly. This box was wrapped in plastic air bag padding and put in a larger shipping box.
11 comment| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.