Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

The manufacturer commented on the review below
on June 26, 2012
My internet just went out, I've had a few resets since i purchased this router. But, other than that it has rocked hard. This time I do the reset & the Cisco Connect Program is only offering me a single choice. Which opens my browser & takes me to the new Cisco Cloud, or whatever its called. They want ALL my personal info & router admin info, password, etc. So.. I simply closed the browser without filling out a thing. Go to reopen my Cisco Connect software that came with my router, to check on my router settings. Lo and behold the only trace of the software ever having been on my computer, is the completely empty Cisco Connect folder in my Programs folder.

I have never had something like this done.. remove a program that I installed without even asking me, much less no warning what-so-ever. I registered, they have my email, too.

Another guy that used to work for Linksys or Cisco, posted on the Cisco Community forums that he did try to reload the CD in an attempt to use the old version of tools we had residing on our computers, it would not even reload. If someone that really knows what they are doing can't, I won't even attempt it.

It's working right now, so I'll just keep an eye on the forums there. Will update this review if we get any more info.

Update: Cisco Community Wireless Forum is in an absolute uproar over this forced firmware for the new cloud & removal of the local software. The entire day has now almost passed with no official Cisco Rep addressing any of our concerns.

Update: They have made an official post & stickied it in the Cisco Community Wireless Forum. I have not done it, yet. But the linked instructions are very well done, complete with pictures with step by step. I'm leaving my 1 star until I see if this stabilizes this router. As I said right off, I have had to reset my entire system several times too many, for no obvious reason. And, I want to see if they fix it where the cloud can be a real option, rather than now having firmware we cannot update, which is still absolutely unacceptable.

Update: An official announcement on their blog from the 5th, which I just found today. I doubt I can post a link but it is the Cisco Blog on their website. This is in bold: Customers can set-up and manage their Linksys router without signing up for a Cisco Connect Cloud account.

I personally have not unchecked the auto update feature on my rolled back version. But according to the blog post, I should be able to do so, without the cloud being force fed to me. Once I have tried it & it does work, I will be back to confirm.

Update July 12 2012: I asked on the official forums, a few days ago, if it was indeed safe to allow auto update on my rolled back classic version. I wanted to know if it would cause me to again lose my internet connect 7 require complete reset, etc. Was told by a forum admin to hold off until they can get this verified.

I just found this very well written article about this entire fiasco.
[...]

-------from the official forum post-------
Smart Wi-Fi Routers: How to downgrade your firmware back to standard web-based setup page version
Options

06-29-2012 11:58 AM

Dear users,

Here is an article discussing how to downgrade your smart wi-fi routers' firmware back to standard web-based setup page version.

Rolling back the Cisco Connect Cloud firmware
1616 comments| 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Hi rosetone,

We apologize for the recent upgrade experience to Cisco Connect Cloud. We truly respect and value our customers' choice to use the new Cisco Connect Cloud.

Regarding your Auto-Update concern, please feel free to allow auto-update in your Classic version as Cisco will continue to support both local and cloud management options for our customers.

You do have an option to use Cisco Connect Cloud in the future and at your convenience. To learn more about the Cisco Connect Cloud and available options and features, please visit

Should you have any question or need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact Technical Support at 1-800-326-7114, or continue to engage with us on our community http://homecommunity.cisco.com

On behalf of Cisco, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.