Lyft Industrial Deals Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on April 15, 2010
At first I laughed when I read that Slash had his 1st solo cd coming out. I had always considered the 2 Snakepit records to be his solo albums, but I guess he didn't. Then I read that "Slash" would feature different lead singers on each track and I knew I wouldn't like it. After seeing the list of guest vocalists, many of whom I'd heard of but never actually heard (like Andrew Stockdale and Adam Levine), I knew the album would be awful.

Boy was I wrong. From the opening riff of "Ghost," a track sung by Ian Astbury of the Cult (with rhythm guitars by Izzy), I realized this disc had some potential. After hearing it in its' entirety, I'm waaay impressed. This cd is the equivalent of putting your iPod on shuffle and hearing 14 really good and really different tunes.

Highlights include the aforementioned "Ghost," "Beautiful Dangerous" featuring Fergie, "By the Sword" (Adam Stockdale), "Gotten" (Adam Levine) and "Back to Cali"(Myles Kennedy. The only track that does nothing for me is "Saint is a Sinner Too" by Rocco de Luca. That one seems to go nowhere, but that's OK. It's surrounded by 13 other great rock songs that cover so much ground musically while still being full-on rock.
0Comment| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?