Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One ft Vant PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on December 26, 2011
This portable scanner is amazing. I have a huge collection of magazine clippings that I've kept in a binder for years. My plan was to scan each page, but it was taking forever on my flatbed and I burned myself out, so I stopped. Since I've gotten this scanner, I've pulled them out again. In a day and a half, I've scanned over 400 items. I am halfway done and it feels great. It literally takes three seconds to scan a full page. You press the scan button, run it down the page, and then press it again. The file saves on your SD card. From there, you can insert the SD card into your computer to rip the images off or plug the scanner into your USB port directly. You cannot scan and view while the scanner is plugged into your computer, but I didn't find this troublesome at all. I simply scanned a huge chunk of paper and then plugged the scanner into my computer. Every image I scanned looks great. As of yet, none of the scans have come out blurry.

The software that comes with the VuPoint is called Abby FineReader, but I haven't used it much. Instead, I open the scans in Photoshop, crop, and save. It's very easy and the images look amazing. You can create a low or high quality scan, but even with the low quality scan, the images look pretty good. I believe you can save the scans in the Abby FineReader program as Microsoft Word docs, jpegs, or pdfs.

If you're one of those people that holds onto a lot of paper and desperately wants to get rid of it, then this scanner was made for you.
11 comment| 168 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.